LÖVE 0.6.2

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
rude
Administrator

LÖVE 0.6.2

Post by rude »

LÖVE 0.6.2 is out! Only bugfixes this time. Changelog.
thelinx
The Strongest

Re: LÖVE 0.6.2

Post by thelinx »

Hurray!
kalle2990
Party member

Post by kalle2990 »

^^
pekka
Party member

Post by pekka »

I updated the docs with the new Enum values for Image filtering and wrapping. I cloned the hg repository and looked in the source for what they were, so the info should be up to date. Please proofread my changes anyway :)

(The older number values are remembered fondly in the discussion pages for, I hope, some time.)
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Is this stdout file created automatically and where is it? Or do you have to call it yourself or enable it yourself?

Also, I assume this is newer than the one you gave me a few days ago? Gonna download it now and replace the one I had. :)

Edit: Oh, I forgot to ask, but apparently ToggleFullscreen no longer toggles Fullscreen. Instead, for me at least (OS X 10.6.2) it changes to Fullscreen but refuses to come back to windowed mode.
devyn
Prole

Post by devyn »

I'm experiencing a bug when doing

Code: Select all

love.graphics.rectangle('line', ...)
Look at the top of the window. The right side is not stroked. In LÖVE 0.6.1 it is correctly stroked. I'm on OS X 10.6.2, with the newest MacBook.
devyn
Prole

Post by devyn »

Also, when is the issue with older graphics chipsets to do with images having to be powers of two going to be patched? I know it has to do with OpenGL, but can't we just auto-pad the images at drawtime?
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Jasoco wrote:Is this stdout file created automatically
It is not a file, stdout is the name of the standard output, which means it now has console output. On windows you're still going to have to enable the console, but on linux and OSX (as you use) you can just start it from any terminal emulator to see the output.
devyn wrote:The right side is not stroked. In LÖVE 0.6.1 it is correctly stroked.
Correct, there was a size issue in 0.6.1, which has been fixed in 0.6.2, thus producing different results. It should be correct now.
devyn wrote:Also, when is the issue with older graphics chipsets to do with images having to be powers of two going to be patched?
Simple: Never.
It is no bug or whatever, it has been disabled in 0.6.0 on purpose. Now, you probably want to know the reasons, well, the most important one is that once you pad it the size changes, thus messing up other calculations, this was the reason for the 0.5.0 bug with mirroring for example.

Oh, and I prefer you use the edit button instead of double-posting.
smartazz
Prole

Post by smartazz »

Hi guys, I just updated to 0.6.2. I've used the Efficient Tile-based Scrolling tutorial tutorial for a little something I'm working on. In 0.6.1 it looks and works as it should:

Ignore the black space at the bottom :)

In 0.6.2 it looks like this, and the layers behind the 'ground' layer don't scroll smoothly: