Oh Hey, Thanks Apple

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
bmelts
Party member

Re: Oh Hey, Thanks Apple

Post by bmelts »

As bartbes so subtly hinted, I have, in fact, been working on an iOS version of LÖVE in my copious spare time. See if you can find it ;)

It's currently stymied by issues with displaying love.graphics, but most of the modules have been ported, more or less. There's a (hopefully functional) OpenGL/ES version of love.graphics, an Image I/O version of love.image, an SDL-less version of love.timer, and rudimentary love.input. Other libraries have been ported and should work fine. I hope.

I have no spare time these days, but at some point I will probably get display working and better test/develop the libraries.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

As other engines do, we should map love.mouse as taking each extra finger as a different mouse button. (Based on order of clicks not on some weird finger type detector.)
Good bye.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Buttons are different than cursor location. It wouldn't work right that way. Plus the iPhone can detect like 5 fingers. (If not 10. Just that not many apps utilize them all.)

Just bind love.touch into Cocoa Touch's built-in touch stuff like how love.graphics is bound to OpenGL which Xcode and the iOS use too.

I of course speak out of my ass as I don't know how it really works which is why I use Löve in the first place.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

Mouse mapping is how Allegro does it and it works quite well.
Good bye.