What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Ratchet
Citizen

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Ratchet »

Jasoco wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:38 am
Ratchet wrote: Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:39 am I just love this. Looks so sweet :nyu: Well done! Can we test/use this?
I always wanted to do a UI or FakeOS like this but never did.
It's nothing special. Was just a distraction for a while. I had started it a long while ago but gave up and decided to try it again when I saw some cool projects other devs were working on on Twitter. (I love fake operating system UIs in games.) I thought maybe I'd end up making it into something but I lost interest for now.

If you really want to try to play with it, I truncated my project folder to remove the other projects I'm working on (I have all my current projects in one project and use a varable to switch between them to make it easier for me when I lose interest in one and want to move to another I don't have to set up my environment again. It works for me. Don't criticize my methods! lol) so there will be other stuff in here that isn't used because it's part of other projects. Pretty much everything you are interested in is in the "game_window" folder. The "virtual" hard drive is in the "drive" folder inside that. Anything at the root of the "drive" will be on the desktop. Folders don't work right. Applications don't work at all. Nothing works right. So don't expect it to. But I got the beginnings of a macOS-like application package in place where an app is just a folder with a bunch of resources. So if you browse the apps themselves you'll see they each have an icon PNG file that gets displayed instead of a folder when browsing the Apps folder. The README file can't be read. There is no text editor. I never implemented one. All that works app-wise is image viewing and the random little bouncing shapes. If you click the desktop and press "M" it will set the wallpaper. Not much more to say. Knock yourself out.

3d.zip

Note: If you really want to you'll notice some of my own libraries are included. Like my StateStack library, my DrawPool library. There's also a lot of unfinished or broken ones in there I really need to clean out. So don't get too excited. I'm not giving away all the goods yet.
Thank you so much. It's very fun and I absolutely love the UI style. Well done :nyu:
macOS 10.14 Mojave | LÖVE 11.2
Alexar
Party member

Post by Alexar »

a set of love-style api for weixin-minigame with js language.
GIF.gif
GIF.gif (3.72 MiB) Viewed 33306 times
Guardabarranco_1
Prole

Post by Guardabarranco_1 »

Alexar wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:20 am usermap.gif
hey this is cool, i've been working on NES like games too!
/quote]
stsmuniz
Prole

Post by stsmuniz »

I just did my first game in 2 days with my son, starting from a tutorial and then adding things.

The code is messy and it misses things like pause menu, but I'm assuming it as a 0.1b version and I'm going to work on it as i learn about lua and löve.

I'm attaching the .love so you guys can try it out and say what you think
Attachments
shootertale.love
(4.55 MiB) Downloaded 649 times
MissDanish
Citizen

Post by MissDanish »

--snip--
Last edited by MissDanish on Wed May 06, 2020 12:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nelvin
Party member

Post by Nelvin »

Sadly I had a few very slow months of development on our aztec city builder but we're finally getting some momentum again. The game runs really great with big cities already (the FPS is below 60 only because the sim runs at a 64x speedup :)).

We do have a devlog on TIG too
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=63983.0
Azteken_Game-Shot20.PNG
Azteken_Game-Shot20.PNG (1.2 MiB) Viewed 31407 times
KayleMaster
Party member

Post by KayleMaster »

Nelvin wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 7:31 am Sadly I had a few very slow months of development on our aztec city builder but we're finally getting some momentum again. The game runs really great with big cities already (the FPS is below 60 only because the sim runs at a 64x speedup :)).

We do have a devlog on TIG too
https://forums.tigsource.com/index.php?topic=63983.0

Azteken_Game-Shot20.PNG
This. is. amazing! :o
I'm sooo jealous right now!
The art looks great, the UI is amazingly well done.

This actually motivates me a lot to continue working on Stone Kingdoms.
You need some competition after all :awesome:
Nelvin
Party member

Post by Nelvin »

KayleMaster wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:06 am This. is. amazing! :o
I'm sooo jealous right now!
The art looks great, the UI is amazingly well done.

This actually motivates me a lot to continue working on Stone Kingdoms.
You need some competition after all :awesome:
Thanks - I'll forward this to my teammate and artist.

I remember your project quite good, you should keep working on it. If you don't have the time, try to get it at least into a state where you think it's reasonably playable and you're ok with so it's not hanging around in the back of your mind forever.
I do have more of those projects than I'll ever confess and it's a constant burden - also with a working complex game you may be able to find an artist to team up with and even be able to turn your project into a really releasable project (iirc you're using the Stronghold assets)
KayleMaster
Party member

Post by KayleMaster »

Nelvin wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:50 am hanging around in the back of your mind forever.
:cry:
I'll try.
ObsoletebyNature
Prole

Post by ObsoletebyNature »

Not very fancy... I managed to get some time to spare on the project after a long technical stop... Although im not working on any direction at the moment, I gathered my old-decade Dual-core Vista box (Visual Studio Express 9 2008) to rebuild the engine ... Took me a couple of days to solve the obsolete issues:
- Source from "rude-megasource-707582405521", and "rude-love-301312c82b00"(dont know if sources are from bitbucket/old github version)
- Configured Megasource through CMake-3.13.32: There were two issues that i managed to overrride relating a Windows Version flag and another in a cmake script related to a confusion about PATH and the Windows SDK folder...
- I suppose Im compiling old löve build as i found compile errors with SDL2, so i backtracked to SDL1.2 to finish compilation...
- The main headache on compilation was some error in the vcproj which overrided the obj compiled on same name classes (Keyboard, Mouse,Joystick,...)
- Disabled Flac++ module as lib were not included on the megasourcelibs...
- Due to my obsolete environment im unable to compile the C++11 code included in the megatest module(although the cl includes some std::TR1 support). I tested an alternative solution based on a P-Impl-functor call which allowed me to achieve a similar solution, although need to check for leaks and so on...

Code: Select all

...main 
#if ///NOT C++11 support...

std::vector<VFUNCT> funcs;
	struct VFUNCTz3 : public VFUNCT, public VFUNCT::Functor<VFUNCTz3>
	{
		VFUNCTz3()
		{m.pimpl=this;}
		VFUNCTz3(const VFUNCTz3 &other){
		m.pimpl=this;}

virtual std::string operator()(strs &c, strs &l)
		{
			c << ZLIB_VERSION;
			l << zlibVersion();
			return "zlib";
		}
	}zlibv3;
	funcs.push_back(zlibv3.m);

I have some more plans depending on real life projects :(

Regards!