What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Re: What's everyone working on? (tigsource inspired)

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

Working on a mobile multiplayer shooter that sees you playing as a gopher(?). Practicaly done but having trouble compiling apk, if you can help me if you want.
Gore is optional :crazy:
Attachments
Baby mode
Baby mode
Screenshot_2021-04-05-14-15-21.png (427.89 KiB) Viewed 35409 times
Screenshot_2021-01-23-18-55-34.png
Screenshot_2021-01-23-18-55-34.png (999.33 KiB) Viewed 35409 times
Screenshot_2021-04-05-13-51-08.png
Screenshot_2021-04-05-13-51-08.png (891.79 KiB) Viewed 35409 times
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
Onerekunu
Prole

Post by Onerekunu »

I am new to this but I hope to create my first game soon
Suttebun
Prole

Post by Suttebun »

I'm working on a One-Handed pixel art tool.
American, Japanese learner. Games development from Tigsource circa 2011.
よろしくお願いします (yoroshiku-onegaishimasu) Nice to meet you. ☽♡☆
♫ sing with me ♫ SUTTEBUN NETWORK ✝
Xii
Party member

Post by Xii »

Still putting the fundamentals together. Next on the list is loading sprites into an atlas. Solutions probably exist but it might be less work to do it meself than study libraries.
4vZEROv
Party member

Post by 4vZEROv »

Party member

Noice

togFox
Party member

Post by togFox »

I'm well advanced into an isometric survival game, like a dungeon crawler but with no dungeon (it's outdoors).

Can eat apples. Pick wood and stones from the ground. Collision detection stops you walking through trees. Can make an axe from wood and stone. Can throw the axe at the really badly drawn wolf and the wolf will die and disappear. Save and load game. Custom key binds (not complete). Music and sound effects. Can equip and drop items. Moving affects stamina. Inventory with weight limits. Pop up menus.

Is even designed for co-op with UDP half working. A lot is there already but concerned my attention is waning. :(

I'm kinda looking for coding collaborators if anyone is keen. I'm not sure how or what that means. I'm thinking I can set a number of 'functions' that need writing and collaborators can pick a function, write it, submit it then return to real life until they want to write another function that might challenge them. IDK TBH.

I have a volunteer artist that is volunteering but haven't seen any results and don't expect to. lolz. :(

Anyway - I think there is a void in the isometric survival game. I expect to add animals to hunt. Deep crafting. Build shelters starting with tents. Metadata for Health, Fullness, Water, Stamina, Comfort.

I think it might be fun to run around an iso map with a friend but need to stay focused.
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season
Party member

togFox wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 2:10 am I'm kinda looking for coding collaborators if anyone is keen. I'm not sure how or what that means. I'm thinking I can set a number of 'functions' that need writing and collaborators can pick a function, write it, submit it then return to real life until they want to write another function that might challenge them. IDK TBH.

I have a volunteer artist that is volunteering but haven't seen any results and don't expect to. lolz. :(

Anyway - I think there is a void in the isometric survival game. I expect to add animals to hunt. Deep crafting. Build shelters starting with tents. Metadata for Health, Fullness, Water, Stamina, Comfort.

I think it might be fun to run around an iso map with a friend but need to stay focused.
I could help :awesome: :crazy:

applebappu
Prole

Post by applebappu »

The big thing commanding my attention right now is Wizard Tower. It's a game where you're a wizard, in a tower. Think Dwarf Fortress, but with magic, and more direct control over a single character instead of a management sim where you issue orders to lots of them. It's kind of a huge project, so I'm just taking tiny bites out of the elephant and eventually I'll have it eaten.
Party member

applebappu wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:53 pm The big thing commanding my attention right now is Wizard Tower. It's a game where you're a wizard, in a tower. Think Dwarf Fortress, but with magic, and more direct control over a single character instead of a management sim where you issue orders to lots of them. It's kind of a huge project, so I'm just taking tiny bites out of the elephant and eventually I'll have it eaten.
Woah, dwarf fotress, nice! The name is okay, though it's funny because it sounds like a parody to Dwarf Fotress (Wizard Tower, get it, tower-fotress, wizard-dwar :P :ultrahappy: ).
Yes it does sound huge, considering the fact that each character should have a personality, and that the creator of Dwarf fotress still finds it hard(?) to implement magic, I think. Do you plan to use history and terrain gen?

I'm also working on something similar but not similar at the same time. Dungeon Rollcall I'm planning to call it. It's also dwarf fotress-esque inspired. Also inspired by the android game Reigns.

You work for as a Dungeon Rollcaller(?) that has the job of managing a group of professional dungeon miners(aka: crawlers,adventurers). Each creature has it's own bloodline and personality (that is inherited from bloodline) and you just manage their wants and requests.

I don't think mine is that huge, but I would like to know of any progress you make. AI and personality stuff intrigues me, but I've already exhausted most of the articles about DF and rimworld :) .