Does your game need electronic music? I'm bored.

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
spirulence
Prole

Does your game need electronic music? I'm bored.

Post by spirulence »

Hi all!

I've gotten tired of constantly starting and stopping my own personal game-making projects. I always manage to finish the soundtrack for an imagined level or project before I lose the gumption to actually code the stupid thing.

So, I'm here offering my services to compose some music for your game for free. I mostly do cheesy electronic music - you can find some examples at my website (http://spirulence.bandzoogle.com/). All I ask is that you credit me in your game and that I retain the rights to the music composed.

Hope to be in touch with some of you soon!
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: Does your game need electronic music? I'm bored.

Post by Jasoco »

I hate to be the one, but for a site hosted by a company whose motto is "Band websites that work", the site does not work. At all. No links. No Flash. No anything. AND it uses Frames! Frames! Frames died over a decade ago! No one uses Frames! IFrames, yes, but Frames?

Is there supposed to be content? I would dump this "bandzoogle" and go with something like SoundCloud or Bandcamp. I'd like to hear your stuff, but there doesn't seem to be a way.
Tesselode
Party member

Post by Tesselode »

I could get the music to play. And you're right, it is cheesy.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Tesselode wrote:I could get the music to play. And you're right, it is cheesy.
What browser did you use? Because I used everything short of IE. And if this site is one of "those" sites that in this day and age only supports IE, I'd look into some other place to host your music. I tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Nothing ever showed up in the way of music controls. I even had to turn on Flash for the page in Chrome. AND I looked at the code and noticed frames and JavaScript, but no Flash or even ActiveX controls. (IE only proprietary crap that needs to die on web usage.)
BarnD
Prole

Post by BarnD »

Jasoco wrote:
Tesselode wrote:I could get the music to play. And you're right, it is cheesy.
What browser did you use? Because I used everything short of IE. And if this site is one of "those" sites that in this day and age only supports IE, I'd look into some other place to host your music. I tried Chrome, Firefox and Safari. Nothing ever showed up in the way of music controls. I even had to turn on Flash for the page in Chrome. AND I looked at the code and noticed frames and JavaScript, but no Flash or even ActiveX controls. (IE only proprietary crap that needs to die on web usage.)
Works for me, I'm using FF4.
Theres not really any content, just an image with the logo, then a bar fixed to the bottom of the browser to listen to the music.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Works for me too, using Chrome 10 and Chrome 11 (after I updated). As BarnD said, basically zero description of what the site is.
sharpobject
Prole

Post by sharpobject »

That is pretty cheezy.
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids

Post by nevon »

Jasoco wrote:No Flash.
While I agree with everything else you said, I think the vast majority of us would argue that that's a very, very good thing. :P
BarnD
Prole

Post by BarnD »

nevon wrote:
Jasoco wrote:No Flash.
While I agree with everything else you said, I think the vast majority of us would argue that that's a very, very good thing.
I also agree. :P
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Yeah. Although I'd rather have Flash than something that doesn't work for me at all. (Which is Flash sometimes too, by the way.)
Help us help you: attach a .love.