Angry Birds is now an HTML5 Web App

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Angry Birds is now an HTML5 Web App

Post by Jasoco »

Google I/O is going on this week and they announced a version of Angry Birds for Chromebooks and browsers.

http://chrome.angrybirds.com

Works in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari. Runs slowly on Opera. Might possibly run on IE9. Haven't tested it yet.

I unminified the code and it's still too confusing to figure out. All the short single and double character nondescript variables don't help at all. But I guess that's why it's called obfuscation...

I'd post it here but it's almost 1 million characters and I can only post 60,000.

I assume like everything else, it uses Box2D. I can't tell because the minified code doesn't help much at all. And I don't know what Box2D's JavaScript relative looks like normally.

An AngryBirds clone would probably be the easiest thing to recreate in Löve. I'm surprised no one has tried yet.
kalle2990
Party member

Re: Angry Birds is now an HTML5 Web App

Post by kalle2990 »

You watched it live too? ;) But thanks for the link, I never caught it during the stream..
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Jasoco wrote:An AngryBirds clone would probably be the easiest thing to recreate in Löve. I'm surprised no one has tried yet.
I called for that a month ago. ;)
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

kalle2990 wrote:You watched it live too? ;) But thanks for the link, I never caught it during the stream..
No. I saw the link later on Lifehacker.
kalle2990
Party member

Post by kalle2990 »

Jasoco wrote:No. I saw the link later on Lifehacker.
Oh, here's the link to the official stream if anyone's interested http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns1sYGE-w1c
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I've been there. I'm waiting for them to upload each session separately. I don't give a crap about the Android stuff since my phone will be stuck on Froyo and will be for a while because carriers can't be arsed to allow everyone to upgrade as soon as an update comes out.
[rant]I wish I had an iPhone so I could have something that actually works, doesn't crash all the time and can be updated day 1 when a new version is released. Someday....[/rant] Ignore that, because I will not reply to it.

I was only watching because I was more interested in the Chromebook's. I got a Cr-48 from Google on December 1st, and it's pretty cool. It's like a MacBook if it were made by a third party except with a only slightly crappier trackpad. I was hoping the final version of ChromeOS will be available to the Cr-48 when it comes out. Would be a shame if Google made it so you could only install it on the finalized official hardware. Especially since it would be against what seems to be their philosophy for the thing. "Laptops for everyone." Hell, they're even giving away FREE final hardware to everyone in the audience! Those are worth $300-400 each! So obviously they want as many people to have one as possible. Crossing my fingers because the final ChromeOS looks to deliver what they promised a year and a half ago.