I guess I should find an avatar.

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
1stAnd10
Prole

I guess I should find an avatar.

Post by 1stAnd10 »

Since I'll be sticking around. After playing with LOVE last night and most of today I am IN love with it. Kudos to you guys for creating such a straightforward engine. I absolutely love it!

I'm a C# programmer by trade so I've spent the last 2 years toiling with XNA but finally got tired of the feeling that it was too much work to write a game in it. Writing games is a hobby for me and so if it isn't fun I won't do it. I'm new to Lua but I don't anticipate any problems picking it up.

Also I don't know if it helps anyone but I took the lua.xml default file that comes with Notepad++ and added all the love modules, functions for each module and constants to it. They don't provide any documentation on what xml tags are valid in the file so it feels like a hack but better than nothing. I'll attach it to this post, feel free to improve it if you know of a way. Just trying to give back something.

Cheers! :D
Attachments
lua.xml
(21.5 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
DrGonzo
Prole

Re: I guess I should find an avatar.

Post by DrGonzo »

I'm new here as well, but as I saw you were using Notepad++ as well, perhaps you didn't see this gem yet:

http://love2d.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=235

Could save you some dragging/clicking.
1stAnd10
Prole

Re: I guess I should find an avatar.

Post by 1stAnd10 »

I did! But thanks for the heads up. :)