What's your favorite LOVE creation?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
clickrush
Citizen

Re: What's your favorite LOVE creation?

Post by clickrush » Tue Dec 20, 2011 4:03 pm

constantly updating a blog with volunteers about notable LÖVE creations is alot of work.

I suggest you do it the other way around and let everyone who finishes a product post it somewhere with a description and a screenshot or two. Mb you would implement a rating system or sth along that line so ppl can sort the list by percieved quality too.
Sry about my english.

Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin » Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:07 pm

clickrush wrote:I suggest you do it the other way around and let everyone who finishes a product post it somewhere with a description and a screenshot or two. Mb you would implement a rating system or sth along that line so ppl can sort the list by percieved quality too.
This could tie in with the love-load website.
Help us help you: attach a .love.

knorke
Prole

Post by knorke » Tue Dec 27, 2011 7:18 am

On not-in-progress/"bad"games on wiki page:
Maybe it would be helpfull if games should be sorted by löve version?
If the wikisoftware supports that, it would be very helpful.
Atm there is only one 0.7.2 game (a few are 0.7.1 or 0.7.x), for new visitors it is strange having to download an old version of löve.
(since my game was mentioned by coffee in this context, I will upload something new asap once I get to my pc after the holidays.
In the meantime I don't my if my "Astropatrolonium"-entry is removed. Not sure how it is "not working" but it is definately not perfect and only works with löve 0.6.2
Due to ABC-sorting it is on top of the list and thus it might give too many visitors a bad first-time impression)

More generally, it might be good to differentiate between a games-list for players who just want to play and a games list for game makers who want to see some example projects?

My favorite löve-project is probally this side scroller game where you walk from left to right and shot zombies. I do not remember its name but despite only having 1 or 2 levels and being unfinished it seemed to be done with a lot of love (bum-bada-psssh)