Hate: In love with C

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Zorbatron
Citizen

Re: Hate: In love with C

Post by Zorbatron »

Good god people XD. I mean this would be a 'cool' feature, but a usefull one? Very far from it. The dev team should be focusing more on things that are important to the LOVE engine development, not a very experimental feature that honestly I can't think of a use for.

You can link librarys via the require command and so why would you need a compiler for c that recompiles everytime the exe is run? This would make startup times longer (for larger C strings) and form the looks of it, slow down development time for cooler features like vertex/frame buffers.

Rude please don't consider this a priority :(
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Zorbatron wrote:... The dev team should ... honestly I can't think of a use ... why would you need ... please don't consider this a priority :(
<harsh>
That's not very nice to say.
1) The dev team can do whatever the fuck they want. If want them to do something different, you can say so, but they have all the right to ignore you.
2) They're making a cool feature. If you don't want to use it, fine. But other people might want to use it.

You sound pretty selfish.
</harsh>

I'm sorry for saying above harsh words. This was my first flame. :ehem:
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Zorbatron
Citizen

Post by Zorbatron »

Robin wrote:
Zorbatron wrote:... The dev team should ... honestly I can't think of a use ... why would you need ... please don't consider this a priority :(
<harsh>
That's not very nice to say.
1) The dev team can do whatever the fuck they want. If want them to do something different, you can say so, but they have all the right to ignore you.
2) They're making a cool feature. If you don't want to use it, fine. But other people might want to use it.

You sound pretty selfish.
</harsh>

I'm sorry for saying above harsh words. This was my first flame. :ehem:
Firstly, let it be your last flame, because flaming is illadvised. (and using the word 'fuck' doesn't really make it a flame :/)
You're supposed to contridict my opinion with debate, not childish remarks that make little sense, if you don't like my opinion you don't have to stamp you feet on the ground and cry.

Secondly, I wasn't flaming, expressing my opinion towards the feature, I'm not their boss, I was giving them recommendations. love.native is already implmented, I just want to know why people like it.

You can't just say 'its a cool feature dur', give a reason.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Fair enough.

Firstly, the flaming part was a joke. I'm sorry you got the wrong impression. I have nothing against your opinion.

Secondly, you are not just voicing your opinion, you also made some factual statements about the discussion that were wrong.

Thirdly, my "harsh" voice was merely a weak reflection of your own tone. You say you were not flaming, I agree. However, you did sound like a demanding child to me: "I want you to work on this". I hoped you recognized the way you sounded. Your reaction shows that my reply has failed (at least some of) its goals.

If you cooled down a bit, I hope you want to kiss and make up.
Zorbatron
Citizen

Post by Zorbatron »

Robin wrote:Fair enough.

Firstly, the flaming part was a joke. I'm sorry you got the wrong impression. I have nothing against your opinion.

Secondly, you are not just voicing your opinion, you also made some factual statements about the discussion that were wrong.

Thirdly, my "harsh" voice was merely a weak reflection of your own tone. You say you were not flaming, I agree. However, you did sound like a demanding child to me: "I want you to work on this". I hoped you recognized the way you sounded. Your reaction shows that my reply has failed (at least some of) its goals.

If you cooled down a bit, I hope you want to kiss and make up.
What's with you and the vauge generalities? If I said a factual statement that was false, please point it out.

I never said anything remotely similar to "I want you to work on this".

You said you where joking? Reread your post and tell me you were honestly joking.

I keep asking you why you support this feature, when I write sentences I don't have to put 'I think' or 'I feel' infront of everything I say, you can infer that the things I say are my feelings towards the situation. I'm sorry you felt me to be demanding, but honestly it seems like you're angry because I present an opposing opinion.

Why don't you just tell me why you want to use the feature???? I present logical concerns supporting my opinion and all you can do is flip shit because you think I'm demanding something?
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Please calm down. I fear this discussion is going nowhere, so I will reply once and then I will not reply for a week, to let things cool down.

Now, the factual statement: I'm sorry, I'm mixing things up. It happens. Please forgive me?

Now, on the demanding thing:
Zorbatron wrote:The dev team should be focusing more on things that are important to the LOVE engine development
My English teacher always stressed "should" is strong and demanding. That it's use is best to be avoided, unless, for example, great (understatement right there) injustice has been done to you, and earlier, more polite, requests for justice were denied.

And I honestly was joking (at least the flaming part). I'm sorry, I keep forgetting you can't hear my sarcastic voice on the forum. Now that I think of it, I should probably have used smilies. I actually wanted to make it more extreme at first, but I thought "but then he might think I'm actually flaming...", so I toned it down.

You said I was angry because of your opposing opinion. However, in other places on this thread and forum, people had opposing opinions, and I didn't mock-flame.
Zorbatron wrote:Why don't you just tell me why you want to use the feature???? I present logical concerns supporting my opinion and all you can do is flip shit because you think I'm demanding something?
I'm sorry, but here my "why doesn't he listen to what I said?" feeling gets too strong. Please don't shout :cry: (multiple question marks feels like shouting).

Now, can we please make out, err... I mean kiss and make up? ^^

p.s.: I'm really not going to reply for a week.
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

AT-AT-AT-ATMOSTPHERE BREAKER :ultrahappy:

Non the less, it is an intersting feature. I like interesting things.
Zorbatron
Citizen

Post by Zorbatron »

Robin wrote:Please calm down. I fear this disc... ect
Haha, I just realized english isn't your main language XD. You gotta tell me that next time, you're not bad at it, but it seems you might have misunderstood me at some points. All is good my friend.

Now about the kissing and making up...
Robin wrote:p.s.: I'm really not going to reply for a week
Don't do that, miscommunication is all that was. Come give me a hug.
ljdp wrote:AT-AT-AT-ATMOSTPHERE BREAKER :ultrahappy:

Non the less, it is an intersting feature. I like interesting things.
I think it's interesting too, this is the first time I've heard of something like this, however, theres alot of cool, more useful features that are being held back because of this.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

So, are we... cool then? I suppose I don't have to keep my mouth shut for a week after all :P. Glad this is over.

And thank you for the you're-not-that-bad-at-English thing ;).
ljdp wrote:AT-AT-AT-ATMOSTPHERE BREAKER :ultrahappy:
:rofl:
Zorbatron
Citizen

Post by Zorbatron »

We are cool, however, some people might be mad at us for derailing the thread slightly 8-)

One thing though, "should be" in terms of an opinion oriented context just means "I think it should be" doesn't mean the way it has to be. The problem with literally typing "I think" infront of it is, that takes away alot of the power behind your statement because people will then think "well, what does he know? that's just what he thinks".... I think... lawd

Although think about it, if you had to choose between this C compiler coming first, or the vertex buffers and batch sprite rendering, which would you choose?