ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v0.90 is out

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Zilarrezko
Party member

Re: ZeroBrane Studio Lua IDE v0.90 is out

Post by Zilarrezko »

paulclinger wrote:-- snip --
Thanks man, +1
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

Hey paul,

I have a small bug report for the Mac version. When you press ⌘ (command key) after scrolling, ZeroBrane will zoom in / out even when the scroll bar has reached the end and the trackpad is no longer touched. As you can see in the gif this even still happens after a few milliseconds:
zoom_bug.gif
zoom_bug.gif (525.32 KiB) Viewed 3081 times
I also wanted to ask if there is a possibility for an auto-formatter and extended syntax coloring in the future? :)

What I would love to have as an option is different colors for upvalues, and parameters:
colors.png
colors.png (18.15 KiB) Viewed 3081 times
Keep up the good work. The debugger alone is a lifesaver!
Last edited by rmcode on Tue Jan 06, 2015 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Doctory
Party member

Post by Doctory »

hey rmcode, can you tell me what IDE/text editor that last picture is?
rmcode
Party member

Post by rmcode »

Doctory wrote:hey rmcode, can you tell me what IDE/text editor that last picture is?
Sure, it is IntelliJ IDEA with this plugin.
Doctory
Party member

Post by Doctory »

thanks!
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

@rmcode,

> I have a small bug report for the Mac version. When you press ⌘ (command key) after scrolling, ZeroBrane will zoom in / out even when the scroll bar has reached the end and the trackpad is no longer touched. As you can see in the gif this even still happens after a few milliseconds:

That's indeed the case and because it's handled by the editing component itself (Scintilla), there is not much I can do to change that logic. You can disable the zooming with Cmd+Scroll completely by setting editor.nomousezoom=true (and outputshell.nomousezoom = true).

> I also wanted to ask if there is a possibility for an auto-formatter and extended syntax coloring in the future? :)
> What I would love to have as an option is different colors for upvalues, and parameters:

I'll check on how to recognize upvalues and parameters, but I can only use indicators with those attributes, which doesn't allow me to change the color of those identifiers. I can change the background though; the closest is probably ROUNDBOX indicator (here is the full list).
Muris
Party member

Post by Muris »

Sorry for asking this, since it probably might be somewhere documented, but is there some kind of todo / task list manager thing with zerobrane? Like it could parse all --TODOs from the code or you could manually add some tasks in a list?
I can always use other softwares more developed for task lists and what I am currently doing is using a todolist.txt, a text file, inside my project.
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

Muris wrote:Sorry for asking this, since it probably might be somewhere documented, but is there some kind of todo / task list manager thing with zerobrane? Like it could parse all --TODOs from the code or you could manually add some tasks in a list?
I can always use other softwares more developed for task lists and what I am currently doing is using a todolist.txt, a text file, inside my project.
@Muris, ZBS doesn't include a TODO manager, even though I've been planning to add a Markers/Locations panel that would show all the current markers in open files (bookmarks, breakpoints, current line during debugging, and TODO/FIXME comments). The main challenge is with keeping track of TODO markers as those are simple text and the files would need to be re-scanned; I do have ideas about how this can be done, but it hasn't been implemented yet. Paul
Muris
Party member

Post by Muris »

I accidentally found a crash bug on 0.90
making a line with

Code: Select all

):something( 
then editing the text something causes a crash. The something can be at least pretty much any alphanumeric thing?

The crash is shown as following:
Screenshot 2015-01-10 21.47.44.png
Screenshot 2015-01-10 21.47.44.png (23.58 KiB) Viewed 2976 times
This is in windows7 and im not sure if i have 32 bit version or 64 bit of zerobrane.
paulclinger
Party member

Post by paulclinger »

Muris wrote:I accidentally found a crash bug on 0.90
making a line with

Code: Select all

):something( 
then editing the text something causes a crash. The something can be at least pretty much any alphanumeric thing?
@Muris, thank you for the report! I can't reproduce this issue with the current version (master branch on github). Can you check if the issue is still reproducible for you with the current github version as there were several auto-complete changes (including a fix for a similar issue)? You can clone the repo or simply unzip the archive and run zbstudio from it. Thank you. Paul.