LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
User avatar
slime
Solid Snayke
Posts: 2763
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by slime » Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:02 am

Qcode wrote:I'm using the Mac version and for some reason it doesn't seem to have love.window.maximize included in the window function list.

Is this intended for the Mac version? No biggie if it is, all I was doing was making a stupid program to minimize and maximize itself, but it would be a shame if it couldn't be implemented.
That's totally my fault, when I added the function I forgot to properly export it to the Lua module (so it's not actually available in any LÖVE 0.9.2 build.) :oops:

User avatar
Jasoco
Inner party member
Posts: 3619
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:35 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by Jasoco » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:46 am

So does love.window.maximize on OS X set the window size to as big as it can get excluding the menubar and Dock, or does it do what OS X maximize is considered now where it puts the window into fullscreen space mode?

And related, if it doesn't put it in fullscreen space mode, is there a fullscreen mode that does on OS X?

User avatar
Evine
Citizen
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by Evine » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:53 am

t.window.x and t.window.y makes for surprisingly convenient window placements :D
Now to start using "refreshrate" for fixed timestep. :D
"love.joystick.loadGamepadMappings" for easy gamepad support :D
Figure out how to best implement keyboard independent layout with "love.keyboard.getScancodeFromKey" :D

Image

User avatar
slime
Solid Snayke
Posts: 2763
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by slime » Sun Feb 15, 2015 4:19 am

Jasoco wrote:So does love.window.maximize on OS X set the window size to as big as it can get excluding the menubar and Dock, or does it do what OS X maximize is considered now where it puts the window into fullscreen space mode?
The former (the same thing that happens if you option-click the green stoplight button, or double-click the title bar of a window, in Yosemite.) Although there isn't a love.window.maximize in 0.9.2. :(

It will also need the resizable flag in love.conf or love.window.setMode to be enabled for it to do anything.
Jasoco wrote:And related, if it doesn't put it in fullscreen space mode, is there a fullscreen mode that does on OS X?
The 'desktop' [wiki]FullscreenType[/wiki] will do that. If the window is resizable, users can also press the fullscreen button for the window (green stoplight button in Yosemite) to do it themselves without any code interaction.

User avatar
megalukes
Citizen
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by megalukes » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:01 am

I realized this release solved this Windows 8/8.1 issues: https://www.love2d.org/forums/viewtopic ... 9&p=170259 https://www.love2d.org/forums/viewtopic ... 5&p=179946& (even though I can't test it at 60fps)

Thank you so much. But I remembered something. I used to use SDL2.dll from Love 0.9.0 because FPS would never reach 60 otherwise. Now that I can't use it, the problem came back. My FPS is always at 50 now. Can this be solved? Thanks again, great work! :awesome:

User avatar
Jasoco
Inner party member
Posts: 3619
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 9:35 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by Jasoco » Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:07 am

Evine wrote:t.window.x and t.window.y makes for surprisingly convenient window placements :D
Now to start using "refreshrate" for fixed timestep. :D
"love.joystick.loadGamepadMappings" for easy gamepad support :D
Figure out how to best implement keyboard independent layout with "love.keyboard.getScancodeFromKey" :D

http://www.mediafire.com/convkey/6d4a/c ... 2chczg.jpg
Hehe. I love being able to move the window wherever I want. During testing I split my screen to have the game take up the right side and terminal window on the left for debugging. (Browser and editor are in their own fullscreen spaces since I can just swipe between them and don't need the editor visible when testing) So this is what I see when testing:

Image

Printing debug information to the terminal on the left, place debug info in the empty space above and below the game.

User avatar
rmcode
Party member
Posts: 449
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by rmcode » Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:48 am

Thanks for your work guys!

I updated the wiki for config files and would love to get your opinions (I should've done that beforehand I guess ...). I think it makes sense to have the full config template for the currently released version on top, instead of one that shows the template for multiple versions (0.9.x), because it is quite confusing in my opinion.

Since we have the "flags" section we can add upcoming changes there, and once the next version is released we replace the "current config template" and move the old one to the "older version" section on the bottom.

In my opinion this is clearer than the previous "mixed version" templates. I also thought about moving the example for the "current" template to the bottom, above the "older versions" section. This is how examples are handled on the rest of the wiki.

Would love to hear your opinions about that.

User avatar
undef
Party member
Posts: 438
Joined: Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:09 pm
Location: Berlin
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by undef » Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:16 pm

Very nice!
Thank you for all the work!

@rmcode
I agree with your choice about the wiki.
I also think it would be nice to filter out all the deprecated features...
twitter | steam | indieDB

Check out quadrant on Steam!


User avatar
megalukes
Citizen
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by megalukes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:04 am

megalukes wrote:I realized this release solved this Windows 8/8.1 issues: https://www.love2d.org/forums/viewtopic ... 9&p=170259 https://www.love2d.org/forums/viewtopic ... 5&p=179946& (even though I can't test it at 60fps)

Thank you so much. But I remembered something. I used to use SDL2.dll from Love 0.9.0 because FPS would never reach 60 otherwise. Now that I can't use it, the problem came back. My FPS is always at 50 now. Can this be solved? Thanks again, great work! :awesome:
Ah, full screen mode solve this, but everytime I'm using window mode fps is low. Now that I updated my graphic card it's stuck at 30~40.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 5 guests