LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
User avatar
Evine
Citizen
Posts: 72
Joined: Wed May 28, 2014 11:46 pm

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by Evine » Mon Feb 16, 2015 12:29 am

megalukes wrote:Ah, full screen mode solve this, but everytime I'm using window mode fps is low. Now that I updated my graphic card it's stuck at 30~40.
Try breaking the love.timer.sleep function. Just add this line.

Code: Select all

function love.timer.sleep() end

User avatar
megalukes
Citizen
Posts: 86
Joined: Fri Jun 27, 2014 11:29 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by megalukes » Mon Feb 16, 2015 4:02 pm

Evine wrote:
megalukes wrote:Ah, full screen mode solve this, but everytime I'm using window mode fps is low. Now that I updated my graphic card it's stuck at 30~40.
Try breaking the love.timer.sleep function. Just add this line.

Code: Select all

function love.timer.sleep() end
It didn't work unfortunately. I finally tested LÖVE 0.9.2 on Mac OSX and it works perfectly. I think Windows 8/8.1 is cursed haha.

demetris135
Prole
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:00 am

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by demetris135 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:18 am

Buttons in Message boxes are in reverse order. Is it normal?

Code: Select all

local button_list = {"cancel", "dismiss always", "dismiss", enterbutton = 3, escapebutton = 1}

pressed_but = love.window.showMessageBox("Are you sure?", "Are you sure you want to dismiss this army?", button_list, "info", false)
And escapebutton in Message boxes doesn't work!!! Program always using last button (3th in my example), when I press escape.
Image Image

User avatar
slime
Solid Snayke
Posts: 2763
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:45 am
Location: Nova Scotia, Canada
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by slime » Wed Feb 18, 2015 4:29 am

demetris135 wrote:Buttons in Message boxes are in reverse order. Is it normal?
I believe they're in the "natural" order for message box buttons on the OS (whatever that may be), rather than always left-to-right. Maybe think of it like: the first one in the list is the primary button.
demetris135 wrote:And escapebutton in Message boxes doesn't work!!! Program always using last button (3th in my example), when I press escape.
It works for me, but I'm using OS X right now. Maybe there's a bug in the Windows-specific message box code in SDL (which LÖVE uses to display message boxes.)

demetris135
Prole
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:00 am

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by demetris135 » Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:56 am

Most likely that is OS problem. For example I use Windows 7 and type of MsgBox "info" is similar to the "warning" and "error" types. They exactly have no differences for me.

User avatar
AlexCalv
Prole
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by AlexCalv » Thu Feb 19, 2015 5:47 am

slime wrote:
demetris135 wrote:Buttons in Message boxes are in reverse order. Is it normal?
I believe they're in the "natural" order for message box buttons on the OS (whatever that may be), rather than always left-to-right. Maybe think of it like: the first one in the list is the primary button.
demetris135 wrote:And escapebutton in Message boxes doesn't work!!! Program always using last button (3th in my example), when I press escape.
It works for me, but I'm using OS X right now. Maybe there's a bug in the Windows-specific message box code in SDL (which LÖVE uses to display message boxes.)
Another thing I noticed which isn't a huge deal, but if there's a message box open, and you click the game window behind it, the message box gets hidden behind the game window. Is there a way you can force the message box to always stay on top? And what does attach to window do?

User avatar
rmcode
Party member
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by rmcode » Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:42 am

AlexCalv wrote:Another thing I noticed which isn't a huge deal, but if there's a message box open, and you click the game window behind it, the message box gets hidden behind the game window. Is there a way you can force the message box to always stay on top? And what does attach to window do?
It attaches the message box to the window and should prevent it from getting hidden behind it ;)

User avatar
chaos99998
Prole
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:14 pm
Location: Chinese
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by chaos99998 » Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:05 pm

Hooray!
:emo: 约吗?

User avatar
AlexCalv
Prole
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:12 pm

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by AlexCalv » Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:11 pm

rmcode wrote:
AlexCalv wrote:Another thing I noticed which isn't a huge deal, but if there's a message box open, and you click the game window behind it, the message box gets hidden behind the game window. Is there a way you can force the message box to always stay on top? And what does attach to window do?
It attaches the message box to the window and should prevent it from getting hidden behind it ;)
That's strange.. When I added true to the function for it, attach to window did nothing for me.

User avatar
rmcode
Party member
Posts: 452
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:04 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: LÖVE 0.9.2 Released

Post by rmcode » Fri Feb 20, 2015 11:27 am

AlexCalv wrote:
rmcode wrote:
AlexCalv wrote:Another thing I noticed which isn't a huge deal, but if there's a message box open, and you click the game window behind it, the message box gets hidden behind the game window. Is there a way you can force the message box to always stay on top? And what does attach to window do?
It attaches the message box to the window and should prevent it from getting hidden behind it ;)
That's strange.. When I added true to the function for it, attach to window did nothing for me.
What OS are you using?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests