Fixing your bugs and issues for $5

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Ulydev
Party member

Fixing your bugs and issues for $5

Post by Ulydev »

Hello there, lövers!

I'm currently learning Mathematics in Paris, and I'll be studying at EPFL next year, an engineering school in Switzerland.
Leaving home means I really need to save up some money for dorms, food and tuition fees :nyu:

I can't get a full-time job because of school, but I still have enough free time to help beginners get started on their project.

I've made quite a few games with LÖVE and have been using it for the past 3 years now, so I'd be happy to offer my services.
Check out some of my games on http://ulydev.com/

-

For $5, I can help you with your LÖVE / Corona SDK project. I can fix your bugs/issues, help you structure your code, give you programming tips and tricks, and help you get started with Lua/basic scripting.

This gig is mostly targeting beginner/intermediate programmers who need some help on their project.

https://www.fiverr.com/ulysseramage/fix ... 2d-project

Thanks for reading, looking forward to helping you! ;)
raidho36
Party member

Re: Fixing your bugs and issues for $5

Post by raidho36 »

Cool! You can start with fixing the absense of a function to construct a 4d rotation matrix about arbitrary hyperplane. I've been successful in finding relevant papers, but none that mention how to construct a 4d rotation matrix to spec. So, good luck with that! :rofl:
airstruck
Party member

Post by airstruck »

After that maybe you can tackle the event delegation system that looks like it was conceived in 1992. I'll gladly pay the $5.
raidho36
Party member

Post by raidho36 »

Just in case anyone's wondering, airstruck is referring to LÖVE's event system.

While it is indeed a very old technique, and was most useful when it was actually possible for userspace software to utilize and exploit x86 interrupts, it's still very good and is commonly used.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Both of you are clearly beginner programmers... :P
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
srcn
Citizen

Post by srcn »

raidho36 wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 4:02 pm fixing the absence of a function to construct a 4d rotation matrix about arbitrary hyperplane
this totally evaporated my sides :D
I am a mad scientist!
Sir_Silver
Party member

Post by Sir_Silver »

srcn wrote: Sun May 14, 2017 8:08 pm
raidho36 wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 4:02 pm fixing the absence of a function to construct a 4d rotation matrix about arbitrary hyperplane
this totally evaporated my sides :D
I know the human body is 70% water, but that can't be healthy!
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

Ulydev wrote: Tue May 02, 2017 2:11 pm Hello there, lövers!

I'm currently learning Mathematics in Paris, and I'll be studying at EPFL next year, an engineering school in Switzerland.
Leaving home means I really need to save up some money for dorms, food and tuition fees :nyu:

I can't get a full-time job because of school, but I still have enough free time to help beginners get started on their project.

I've made quite a few games with LÖVE and have been using it for the past 3 years now, so I'd be happy to offer my services.
Check out some of my games on http://ulydev.com/

-

For $5, I can help you with your LÖVE / Corona SDK project. I can fix your bugs/issues, help you structure your code, give you programming tips and tricks, and help you get started with Lua/basic scripting.

This gig is mostly targeting beginner/intermediate programmers who need some help on their project.

https://www.fiverr.com/ulysseramage/fix ... 2d-project

Thanks for reading, looking forward to helping you! ;)
Can you manage to fix this?

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
SiENcE
Party member

Post by SiENcE »

Why this rant against a job search/offer?

I would like to see job section in this forum.

@Ulydev Good luck!
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Dunno, i hope Uly won't take these guys too seriously. :p
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.