Ludum Dare 40

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Jeeper
Party member

Ludum Dare 40

Post by Jeeper »

Ludum Dare is an Accelerated Game Development Event (also called a “Game Jam”). During a Ludum Dare, developers from around the world spend a weekend creating games based on the theme that was voted for by the community. Ludum Dare is by far the largest and longest running Game Jam and gets thousands of games submitted (Usually around 3000). After the event participants spend 3 weeks playing and rating the other entries, giving them 1-5 stars in a set of different categories such as “Fun” and “Graphics”. New this time is the fact that you can rate with half points, meaning you can give something a 3.5 or 4.5. After the 3 weeks of voting the developers will receive their rank and average score in each of the categories.

DATES
Start: Saturday, December the 2nd, 2017, 2:00 AM UTC +0
Results: December 29th

Rules
Read them here!

Notes
After the gamejam has ended I will compile a list of all of the entries made with Löve. I will also record a video of me playing the games, this might take a bit of time though. Feel free to post your (or someone elses Löve made) entry in this thread to help me feel löved.

LD#39
Check out the last Ludum Dare thread and be amazed at all of the great entries!

THEME
"The more you have, the worse it is"

Compo
Jam
Last edited by Jeeper on Wed Dec 06, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 6 times in total.
mr_happy
Citizen

Re: Ludum Dare 40

Post by mr_happy »

Aww, haven't entered since #36, want to jam but 25% of my weekend is already accounted for :( Ah well, maybe I can do a 60 hour jam instead :D

I think some of the final themes are a bit naff - can't see 3,000 different games coming out of a theme like 'floating islands' - but some of them sound epic, let's hope we get a good one!
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

So it begins, good luck to everyone!

Theme: "The more you have, the worse it is"
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

I have started slowly crawling through all Löve LD games, I will rate, comment and add them to the list. Let me know if your game is not on the list and I will add it!
WetDesertRock
Citizen

Post by WetDesertRock »

How are you crawling through the love games? Is there a love platform, or are you just manually finding them?
Jeeper
Party member

Post by Jeeper »

WetDesertRock wrote: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:29 am How are you crawling through the love games? Is there a love platform, or are you just manually finding them?
Courtesy of Seppi (Josefnpat): http://ludumdare.itch.io/ -> set filter to Löve

:)