wiki table rows ordering issues

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
dusoft
Party member

wiki table rows ordering issues

Post by dusoft »

See: https://love2d.org/imgmirrur/tufxdJo.png

Ordering by version does not work as expected.
EngineerSmith
Prole

Re: wiki table rows ordering issues

Post by EngineerSmith »

Well, it is working - just not as you may expect it. It's ordered by string value from biggest to smallest in that screen grab rather than ordered by release date
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Hm, it's doing lexicographical sort, but Semantic Wiki supports natural sort according to https://www.semantic-mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Sorting so not sure what's happening here. Maybe natural sort is a server-side thing and not a JS thing, and it's the JS side that is not doing natsort.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

That page says text is sorted alpha-numerically by default. Versions (such as "0.10.x") are probably treated as text since they aren't valid numbers.

That being said, the Libraries page on the wiki isn't really used these days. I think people tend to put them on the awesome-love2d github page instead.
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

EngineerSmith wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:52 pm Well, it is working - just not as you may expect it. It's ordered by string value from biggest to smallest in that screen grab rather than ordered by release date
Check once again. I am ordering by version number. 0.7 should be followed by 0.10, not 0.11. Exactly, I am talking about natural sort and I understand that x character messes it up.
Last edited by dusoft on Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

slime wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:25 am That page says text is sorted alpha-numerically by default. Versions (such as "0.10.x") are probably treated as text since they aren't valid numbers.

That being said, the Libraries page on the wiki isn't really used these days. I think people tend to put them on the awesome-love2d github page instead.
Thanks for this insight. Maybe it's better to delete it and redirect to that page, then?