Platformer Collaboration. I'm a noob, so noobs are welcome.

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
PixelHero
Prole

Re: Platformer Collaboration. I'm a noob, so noobs are welcome.

Post by PixelHero »

Could someone please pay attention to this? I care about it.
Dragons are great.
marclurr
Citizen

Post by marclurr »

PixelHero wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 10:44 pm Could someone please pay attention to this? I care about it.
People will be more likely to give you a hand if you have specific problems and show that you've put some effort in to try and solve them yourself. Your previous post reads to me like "There would be more progress if other people would just do the work for me". No one is going to just implement your project for you.

Coincidentally I did have a look at your github repo a few days ago, curious to see how far you'd gotten. But the last commit was at the end of May so I presumed you'd abandoned it.

I highly recommend you spend some time going through the sheepolution tutorials that Gunroar:Cannon() suggested. The series is quite long but it goes from the very beginning in and in quite a lot of detail. At the end of it you'll have the practice projects along with enough a programming foundation to start trying to add your own features. At that point you may get stuck and I'm sure anyone here would be happy to help.
PixelHero
Prole

Post by PixelHero »

marclurr wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 7:43 am People will be more likely to give you a hand if you have specific problems and show that you've put some effort in to try and solve them yourself. Your previous post reads to me like "There would be more progress if other people would just do the work for me". No one is going to just implement your project for you.
Thanks for the advice! I'll put forth those problems in this post.
Coincidentally I did have a look at your github repo a few days ago, curious to see how far you'd gotten. But the last commit was at the end of May so I presumed you'd abandoned it.

Thanks for looking at that. I haven't done anything on the repo since May because I only want to put working files into it. I'm having problems with animation and physics. I don't even have a start on the physics module.
Dragons are great.
freeve4h
Citizen

Post by freeve4h »

i saw this while slacking off at school. so i decided to whip up this thing:
jumpthing.love.zip
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
something went wrong when making it a .love file but you should be able to run it somehow
the only collisions i added was for the floor, so don't expect window boundaries. this only took me about 20 minutes
edit: got it working
jumpthing.love
(1.05 KiB) Downloaded 78 times