Does SNESAPU.DLL and libgme.dll work in LOVE2D

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
Neito
Prole

Re: Does SNESAPU.DLL and libgme.dll work in LOVE2D

Post by Neito »

zorg wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:18 am
milon wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 1:36 pm
zorg wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:17 pm In short, not without some work on your end.
And even then, only on Windows systems, yes? Unless the DLLs are very specifically not OS-dependent.
I think both libraries should be platform independent; the original question did concern only ".dll"-s, but whether one builds for other targets or downloads pre-compiled binaries, both options should work on whatever OS you want to use them on.
Could someone implement GME into LOVE2D for me it will reduce my workload?
Neito
Prole

Post by Neito »

How do I combine the GME source code with LOVE2D's source code? I can't build programs when I tried to build aseprite from a source but I got an error instead.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Why do you want to accomplish this? There may well be a better solution.

(Sorry, I can't help with the source code issues.)
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Neito wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 9:01 pm How do I combine the GME source code with LOVE2D's source code? I can't build programs when I tried to build aseprite from a source but I got an error instead.
With gme specifically, you don't need to touch the source code of either; get binaries for both (or compile them separately), then use the FFI stuff löve includes already (due to it using luaJIT) to require in the gme c library.

Then declare the functions you want to use (that gme exports), and use them.

Things you should read probably:
https://luajit.org/ext_ffi_tutorial.html
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Yozzaxia
Prole

Post by Yozzaxia »

I know I'm late but I use this: https://github.com/cyman-ide/LoveGme
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

Not that late to be honest, but that's indeed a library that wraps libgme, so awesome find!
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
Neito
Prole

Post by Neito »

Thank you!
Neito
Prole

Post by Neito »

I don't want gme anymore now I only want snesapu, because when I tried to play 6646's port of Podorui from romancing saga 3 it didn't play.
I thought Lovegme would work for sure but that wasn't the case.
Last edited by Neito on Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neito
Prole

Post by Neito »

I don't know what to I need help. Can someone please do that for me. You I'm going to make a game that will use SPC700 and I need the playback to be just like spcplay with interpolation settings.
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Why not just export the audio to a more common format like ogg or mp3? According to this link, VLC can natively read, play, and convert spc files.

OCRemix only has 1 RS3 track, sadly. But VGMusic has a MIDI version of Podorui. I don't have a midi player on my system currently, so I can't comment on the quality. :crazy:
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.