[OT]Forum registration fails with gmail account

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
perpleeme
Prole

[OT]Forum registration fails with gmail account

Post by perpleeme »

Hi there, I've just signed-in to this forum and I'd like to report an issue I had with my gmail account.

I've been trying to register to this forum with my gmail account but the process fails since the confirmation email never gets to my gmail address. I've tried re-sending the confirmation email and checking the spam or every other folder but got nothing. Then I gave up and used some other email account.
If feels like gmail discards any email from noreply@love2d.org and doesn't even bother to put it in the spam folder.

Can anybody confirm that?
Hugues Ross
Citizen

Re: [OT]Forum registration fails with gmail account

Post by Hugues Ross »

Hard to say, I registered with a gmail account roughly a year ago with no issue but perhaps something changed in the meantime.
perpleeme
Prole

Post by perpleeme »

I forgot to mention that I also wrote to the board administrator (via the "contact us" form) and got no response. So I also don't know if the admin mail got silently filtered or not. It could be some stupid mistake I made but could also be a "blackholing" issue with love2d and gmail.
ReFreezed
Party member

Post by ReFreezed »

Maybe try asking in the Discord or IRC channel.
Tools: Hot Particles, LuaPreprocess, InputField, (more) Games: Momento Temporis
"If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

I have the same problem but in the other direction: I can't send mail to any gmail accounts; they used to go to spam systematically, but since recently they are rejected without even being sent to spam. That's why I created a free account in another provider, in my case proton.me - that allows me to send email to gmail accounts. Maybe you can also create another account in a site where the provider doesn't systematically harm legitimate users with the excuse of security.
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

It should be fixed now (thanks thelinx) :) https://github.com/love2d/website/issue ... 1240664905