[Art?] What does this look like?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
darkfrei
Party member

Re: [Art?] What does this look like?

Post by darkfrei »

When I saw the question and the picture first time, I was sure that the question had meaning "what it looks like (except obviously catfish)?"
:awesome: in Lua we Löve
:awesome: Platformer Guide
:awesome: freebies
Gunroar:Cannon()
Party member

Post by Gunroar:Cannon() »

darkfrei wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:03 pm When I saw the question and the picture first time, I was sure that the question had meaning "what it looks like (except obviously catfish)?"
No, I'm seriously asking to see whether most people see it as a catfish. No deep meaning behind it. Just was completely thrown off when I showed my sister and she said a caterpillar every single time (until recently wit the newer version ^^ ).

So I assume you also saw it as a catfish :awesome: ?
The risk I took was calculated,
but man, am I bad at math.

-How to be saved and born again :huh:
Mr.John
Prole

Post by Mr.John »

Hey I'm new here but this picture reminds me of getting cichlids lol
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

I saw a fish stuck in a weird box. It slightly reminded me of a piranha plant from Mario games.

I definitely didn't think catfish because the feeler things were in the wrong spot and whip around way too much. I recognize that I'm probably in the minority on this, but to convey catfish (to me) they should be closer to the mouth and probably not as curly. As they currently are, it reminded me more of a Chinese Dragon or a gyarados.

Call me an odd fish, I guess :3
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
Party member

milon wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 4:31 pm I saw a fish stuck in a weird box. It slightly reminded me of a piranha plant from Mario games.

I definitely didn't think catfish because the feeler things were in the wrong spot and whip around way too much. I recognize that I'm probably in the minority on this, but to convey catfish (to me) they should be closer to the mouth and probably not as curly. As they currently are, it reminded me more of a Chinese Dragon or a gyarados.

Call me an odd fish, I guess :3
Ah, fish at least. I can see what you mean, I even changed the feelers a little from the first one. It's pretty hard to animate so I can't go back now :rofl: . Wanted the catfish to be a little comical. Hopefully you are in the minority but I kind of doubt that.
, it reminded me more of a Chinese Dragon or a gyarados.
Isn't gyarados just a giant catfish :3

milon
Party member

Post by milon »

Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:34 pm Wanted the catfish to be a little comical.
It certainly is! :D
Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:34 pm Hopefully you are in the minority but I kind of doubt that.
Lol, I usually am. ;)
Gunroar:Cannon() wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:34 pm Isn't gyarados just a giant catfish :3
That flies! I've never seen one get stuck in a box before though. Unless it's still half magikarp? It does seem to be using Splash a lot. :3
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.
Party member

Unless it's still half magikarp?
Plus that might explain how it was useless enough to get stuck in a box :huh:

Edit: also, I haven't played too much of the new gen but, we forget this guy: