Is there any examples of Lovr in action?

General discussion about LÖVE, Lua, game development, puns, and unicorns.
MaxGamz
Party member

Is there any examples of Lovr in action?

Post by MaxGamz »

I've been trying to find some examples of LÖVR being in some projects since I have been thinking of making a 3D game using it. I know it is meant for VR but it's been difficult and almost impossible for see what the engine is capable of. I was able to find some websites online but they were either very simple examples or didn't work when I tried it out. I would love to use this engine but it frustrates me that not a lot of information about it (except the documentation) is available online.
zorg
Party member

Re: Is there any examples of Lovr in action?

Post by zorg »

I'm not saying that this is a better option, but did you consider just using löve to make a 3D game?
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.
MaxGamz
Party member

Post by MaxGamz »

zorg wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 11:03 pm I'm not saying that this is a better option, but did you consider just using löve to make a 3D game?
Been thinking about that. There are definately resources for it and I am aware that it's possible because I've seen and tried out 3D love2d games on itch.io, but I thought it would be easier with lovr because it is meant for 3D game development.
glitchapp
Party member

Post by glitchapp »

MaxGamz wrote: Sun Jan 29, 2023 7:44 pm I've been trying to find some examples of LÖVR being in some projects since I have been thinking of making a 3D game using it. I know it is meant for VR but it's been difficult and almost impossible for see what the engine is capable of. I was able to find some websites online but they were either very simple examples or didn't work when I tried it out. I would love to use this engine but it frustrates me that not a lot of information about it (except the documentation) is available online.
If performance matters to you I would recommend you to do it in love. I've created both lovr games and ports and used 3ddreamengine in love.
Lovr is great as it uses lua and a similar api, but it performs a lot slower (probably due to the fact that it renders twice), I also think 3dreamengine has many features lovr does not and looks a lot more advanced.

Something important is that you don't really have to choose, once you create a game in love you could eventually with relative ease port it to lovr since the api is similar and you can compare the performance yourself.