Advanced Tile Loader - using objects

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
luaz
Citizen

Advanced Tile Loader - using objects

Post by luaz »

Has anyone used them? I haven't found any tutorials or other info on them, except the reference.

What I would like to do is get the object position and for example print it. I've tried getting it as ObjectLayer.x or ObjectLayer.properties.x, didn't work - returns nil and an error respectively. I'm bad with references...
If you're going to reply to my post, consider posting an (preferably working) example - 99.7% of time time, I already know how to implement the feature theoretically! ;) I don't learn very well from references, etc....
Roland_Yonaba
Inner party member

Re: Advanced Tile Loader - using objects

Post by Roland_Yonaba »

Well, I dunno much of AdvTiled, but from what I can see from its wiki, Objects have x and y attributes.
luaz
Citizen

Post by luaz »

Roland_Yonaba wrote:Well, I dunno much of AdvTiled, but from what I can see from its wiki, Objects have x and y attributes.
I have mentioned that I have tried that. Probably I am not doing it right, but I don't know how to do it right then.

As I said - I'm bad with references, I'm good with examples. The more concrete the example is, the more I learn from it.

That's why I've create this thread.
If you're going to reply to my post, consider posting an (preferably working) example - 99.7% of time time, I already know how to implement the feature theoretically! ;) I don't learn very well from references, etc....
Kadoba
Party member

Post by Kadoba »

ATL objects aren't real objects. They're more like object data. The correct way to use them is to read their data and create your own objects in custom layers.