CMake

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
MistaED
Prole

CMake

Post by MistaED »

Hi all,

For the past 2 days I've been trying to setup love to love CMake and so far I've got most stuff compiling under MinGW 4.4.0 + Windows 7 but I have no idea if it would work under linux or mac yet, one thing at a time I guess!

However, I've hit a stump. For the filesystem module there's some ifdefs for windows/mac/unix specifics which I'm not sure how to fix because I'm a C++ noob:

Code: Select all

D:\svn\love_hg\src\modules\filesystem\physfs\Filesystem.cpp: In member function 'const char* love::filesystem::physfs::Filesystem::getAppdataDirectory()':
D:\svn\love_hg\src\modules\filesystem\physfs\Filesystem.cpp:189: error: cannot convert 'const char*' to 'const wchar_t*' for argument '1' to 'wchar_t* _wgetenv(const wchar_t*)'
mingw32-make[2]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/love.dir/modules/filesystem/physfs/Filesystem.obj] Error 1
mingw32-make[1]: *** [src/CMakeFiles/love.dir/all] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [all] Error 2
The other problem is the linker won't link to ogg, vorbis or vorbisfile properly (it does fine the static libs but has a heap of undefined refs, waaaah). I think I'll tackle that issue after the one above.

My end-goal for this CMake file is to have it modular so I can take out features I don't need and be able to add libraries by defining them in CMake. I'm aware that it would take some more effort to have header defines turn on and off in the core (and not break the existing build systems) so it doesn't try to access modules not compiled. I'll make a patch file against the hg branch for one of the love devs to adapt and post it here as an attachment if I can get it to at least compile what's there if you're interested in having CMake support.

Thanks all!

-MistaED