REQUESTING HELP - Posting Rules

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Nsmurf
Party member

Re: REQUESTING HELP - Posting Rules

Post by Nsmurf »

Has it been removed?
The forums wrote:Karma functions powered by Karma MOD © 2007, 2009 m157y
If it has, someone should take that out.
OBEY!!!
My Blog
UE0gbWUgd2l0aCB0aGUgd29yZCAnSE1TRycgYXMgdGhlIHN1YmplY3Q=
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Karma broke when the forum was updated recently, it wasn't removed intentionally as far as I know.
Przemator
Party member

Post by Przemator »

slime wrote:Karma broke when the forum was updated recently, it wasn't removed intentionally as far as I know.
Too bad, I came here very recently, was only able to give 1 karma point. I think it's a great way to motivate people to help others. It's the least we can to reward them.
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

I have culled the karma portion, lest it never be restored.

Edit: I tried, but ended up leaving it in because the [size] tags are acting strangely. So very strangely. In fact, the [/size] tags are geting printed when I preview the post.
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
Nsmurf
Party member

Post by Nsmurf »

Here's one:

If you don't want to post your code, post a small demo that shows us the problem.
OBEY!!!
My Blog
UE0gbWUgd2l0aCB0aGUgd29yZCAnSE1TRycgYXMgdGhlIHN1YmplY3Q=
Lafolie
Inner party member

Post by Lafolie »

Nsmurf wrote:Here's one:

If you don't want to post your code, post a small demo that shows us the problem.
That doesn't help though. In fact, that would only serve to frustrate those that wish to help and those who require help, since they would likely be posting endlessly trying to describe the problem (often in an ill-informed manner) and becoming infuriated by the lack of response.

This issue is covered in the first post. If you need assistance, give us code. If you're unwilling to do so, then reconsider or solve the problem yourself. There are several reasons stated as to why you should share your code, and I'm sure there's a whole bunch of articles on the subject of open source software :)

It all comes down to the fact that this is a coding community that concerns itself with (lua/LÖVE) code. If your code doesn't work, and you refuse to show it to us, how do you expect us to help?
Do you recognise when the world won't stop for you? Or when the days don't care what you've got to do? When the weight's too tough to lift up, what do you? Don't let them choose for you, that's on you.
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

I rather read through a 10-line test case than through the 500-line project if the problem shows up in both.

It seems it has to be pointed out to most first posters to show their code anyway. Stickies need to be more in-your-face. :P
Shallow indentations.
Paul Routine
Prole

Post by Paul Routine »

Well, I have did all of this topic. Okay, I do not attach my .love files, but I did it because it was unnecessary. Now, someone can explain me this?:
Hello Paul Routine,

You are receiving this notification because your topic "How can I write
correctly in other languages?" at "LÖVE" was disapproved by a moderator or
administrator.

The following reason was given for the disapproval:

The reported message has the only purpose to advertise for a website or
another product.
This is the mail that admins sent to me. WTF? I didn't put ANY url or say nothing about any website!
Taehl
Dreaming in associative arrays

Post by Taehl »

Sorry about that. We have a huge problem with spam in these forums (450 spam posts in the last 24 hours alone!), so all first-time posters are required to have their posts approved by a moderator. Naturally, under such a deluge of spam, real posts are sometimes accidentally disapproved. But now that you have an approved post, it won't happen again.
Earliest Love2D supporter who can't Love anymore. Let me disable pixel shaders if I don't use them, dammit!
Lenovo Thinkpad X60 Tablet, built like a tank. But not fancy enough for Love2D 0.10.0+.
Paul Routine
Prole

Post by Paul Routine »

Taehl wrote:Sorry about that. We have a huge problem with spam in these forums (450 spam posts in the last 24 hours alone!), so all first-time posters are required to have their posts approved by a moderator. Naturally, under such a deluge of spam, real posts are sometimes accidentally disapproved. But now that you have an approved post, it won't happen again.
Well, I just thought that I was breaking any rules or something xD