A Guide to Getting Started with Love2D

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Re: A Guide to Getting Started with Love2D

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Another update: I've changed all (except one) in-text references of Love2D to LÖVE, thanks to nevon's suggestion of using UTF-8. Also correct a missing word.
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

I think it would be more correct if you just call it LOVE or love if you can't use the Ö. The domain name is the only thing that has the 2d part attached to it.
Shallow indentations.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Boolsheet wrote:I think it would be more correct if you just call it LOVE or love if you can't use the Ö. The domain name is the only thing that has the 2d part attached to it.
He already updated it, as you can read in the post above yours.

(I suspect the only reason the domain is love2d.org is that love.org would cost too much. ;))
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Boolsheet
Inner party member

Post by Boolsheet »

Yeah, he changed all except two actually. The title of the site and the first link to love2d.org. Why not go all the way? ;)

Oh and the tag.
Shallow indentations.
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

The reason I don't use LOVE or "love" is because it would sound very strange to the "uninitiated". It would also look strange if someone looked at the tag cloud: "why on earth is a programmer blabbering on about love so much?" Outside the community, it's either LÖVE or Love2D.

(And in case you're wondering, I use Love2D on the tag and post name just to make sure that the domain name, or Jekyll, doesn't do something crazy.)

(Also, all this talk about what names to use makes me wish that a less hard-to-deal-with name was picked...)
T-Bone
Inner party member

Post by T-Bone »

The name Löve mostly brings up problems when googling. Trying to go directly to, say the Löve wiki page for physics, googling "love physics" won't get you anywhere near that :P

Still, I don't really mind since I'm using a swedish keyboard with a dedicated "ö" key anyway :3
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

BlackBulletIV wrote:It would also look strange if someone looked at the tag cloud: "why on earth is a programmer blabbering on about love so much?"
I hate that about tag clouds. They seem to think they need to convert everything to lower case ASCII letters. Fuck that shit! It is the 21th century!
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Robin wrote:
BlackBulletIV wrote:It would also look strange if someone looked at the tag cloud: "why on earth is a programmer blabbering on about love so much?"
I hate that about tag clouds. They seem to think they need to convert everything to lower case ASCII letters. Fuck that shit! It is the 21th century!
Well, it's only because of the URL slugs that I have to do that. It'd be great if URLs could take non-ASCII characters.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

BlackBulletIV wrote:Well, it's only because of the URL slugs that I have to do that. It'd be great if URLs could take non-ASCII characters.
Since when can't they? It's the 21th century! We can use UTF-8 in URLs!
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member

Post by BlackBulletIV »

Oh... learn something new everyday. I might have to run some tests sometime soon.