Colorizing an image?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Re: Colorizing an image?

Post by Jasoco »

Oh joyous day again. Hopefully for cereal this time.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

anjo wrote: coffee's trolling. It is built in.
LOL, of course I was joking with you Jasoco. And neither I or Jasoco should have doubts that Anjo wouldn't introduced the feature. But actually someone that don't know that OSX can natively screen capture windows with transparent background/alpha shadows can really think that image was photoshoped :D

BTW Anjo, you didn't answer what modes you thinking introduce so I quickily checked the commit. You are adding for now the "combine mode". However if you have the basis for introduce more modes this probably can help if you want to add later some extra options. Not all are interesting but some modes can probably help people do interesting effects.
http://www.simpelfilter.de/en/basics/mixmods.html
http://blog.deepskycolors.com/archivo/2 ... modes.html
http://photoblogstop.com/photoshop/phot ... -explained
bmelts
Party member

Post by bmelts »

While these are all interesting, they're also all blend modes, which we already have some of. We're limited in what blend modes we can implement, though; most of the interesting ones require shaders, and the blend mode architecture we have doesn't work with shaders. (Yet?)

The relevant terminology here is color modes, which focus specifically on how the current color is applied to a given image. There is some overlap, but it's a specific case of blending with its own constraints and requirements.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

anjo wrote:
While these are all interesting, they're also all blend modes, which we already have some of. We're limited in what blend modes we can implement, though; most of the interesting ones require shaders, and the blend mode architecture we have doesn't work with shaders. (Yet?)

The relevant terminology here is color modes, which focus specifically on how the current color is applied to a given image. There is some overlap, but it's a specific case of blending with its own constraints and requirements.
Thank your explain that. Well, at least your addition is a very welcomed improvement. :)
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

My kingdom for the ability to colorize images!
Chèvre
Prole

Post by Chèvre »

Hi! Sorry for necroposting; I wouldn't have known about 'combine' if it wasn't for this thread, so I think this is the best place to post.

'combine' was undocumented on the wiki, so I added a short description for it. It'd be lovely if somebody could take a look at it, because I'm not 100% sure what I wrote is understandable/accurate.

Oh, and LÖVE rocks. :)