Mouse scrolling

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
sanjiv
Citizen

Re: Mouse scrolling

Post by sanjiv »

Many laptops allow users to scroll using two fingers on the touch pad. Does Love2d v 10 have a way to recognize this action? I'm looking at the wiki entries for the touch-related callback entries, and it doesn't seem to.
davisdude
Party member

Post by davisdude »

(On Windows 10) I've set mine to recognize scrolling by starting in the top-right corner and moving in clockwise circles around the pad. When tested with the love.wheelmoved callback it is very inconsistent in recognizing that as a wheelmove. If it does recognize it, however, it only gets the start of it.
GitHub | MLib - Math and shape intersections library | Walt - Animation library | Brady - Camera library with parallax scrolling | Vim-love-docs - Help files and syntax coloring for Vim
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

sanjiv wrote:Many laptops allow users to scroll using two fingers on the touch pad. Does Love2d v 10 have a way to recognize this action? I'm looking at the wiki entries for the touch-related callback entries, and it doesn't seem to.
[wiki]love.wheelmoved[/wiki]. The operating system will interpret your two-finger movement as a scroll action and send a mouse wheel motion event to LÖVE.