Decoda + Love

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
bartbes
Sex machine

Re: Decoda + Love

Post by bartbes »

And that is awesome.

I may not be a decoda user, but I sure like the dev team now ;).
larios
Prole

Post by larios »

Hi,

can the version of Decoda provided with NS2 be used with Löve? or is some kind of particular version just to be used with NS2?

Because on Project > Setting i see no field Symbols Directory... :(
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

I think NS2's Decoda will only work for NS2. You can get a 30 day free trial of the full version of Decoda here.
larios
Prole

Post by larios »

thanks

Im still not able to debug my code, in project > setting i set as command the exe from the windows version in here:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8750#p53963

left empty the arguments, working directory i put the one where i have my code and left empty symbols.

When i ran it i just see the piggy :) , it doest seems to pass my code to löve, , where i am mistaking? :(
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Arguments shouldn't be empty, if you set the working directory to your project dir it should be '.' (without quotes).
larios
Prole

Post by larios »

now it works, it was indeed the arguments field, thank you!
Charles Randall
Prole

Post by Charles Randall »

Flayra wrote:Hey everyone,

I'm trying to debug my Love 2D project using Decoda. It's a great IDE for Love development. However, for Decoda to be able to do so, it needs the .pdb.

I tried building Love from source and ran into problems. I can't find a project file online anywhere either. Has anyone done this? If so, could you post your .pdb or project file here?

My company wrote Decoda so I'd be happy to give a free commercial license of it (or 3) to anyone that posts the .pdb here for everyone to use! It would really help the Love community.

Thanks,
Hey, something it would be nice if you added to Decoda would be better command line support. I made a plugin for Sublime Text 2 for Love2d ( https://github.com/mrcharles/sublove2d ), and I'd like to be able to run Decoda directly from Sublime Text, but the only command line it supports is for the exe alone, so I can't pass extra parameters to love2d.

It would be great if Decoda could pass the entire command line to the love exe, so that I could just hook up a 'debug' build rule which would launch Decoda directly from the editor.

Extra special would be if I could pass breakpoint info along the command line, and then I'd look at trying to find a way to set breakpoints from within Sublime Text.
tommyroyall
Prole

Post by tommyroyall »

I hate to reply with a newbie comment, but can someone please tell me how to go about this, in steps? I would guess that I'd add the command into Decoda?