iOS development issues/questions

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
TheOdyssey
Citizen

iOS development issues/questions

Post by TheOdyssey »

I have a few questions about developing for iOS devices in love2d.
1. Is it even possible at the moment to publish apps on the app store? I keep on hearing no because of Apple's no JIT policy
2. I got the no game working on my phone. Now how would I get around to putting my own game into the phone?
3. It really needs more documentation. I read what came with the source and it was disappointing

Thanks in advance!
slime
Solid Snayke

Re: iOS development issues/questions

Post by slime »

TheOdyssey wrote:1. Is it even possible at the moment to publish apps on the app store? I keep on hearing no because of Apple's no JIT policy
Absolutely. The no-JIT policy just means that LuaJIT doesn't do runtime compilation of your code, but it still runs in interpreted mode. Here's a published iOS game made with LÖVE which got featured in a Humble Bundle several months ago: http://www.ohmygiraffe.com
TheOddysey wrote:2. I got the no game working on my phone. Now how would I get around to putting my own game into the phone?
The readme-iOS.rtf file and the Getting Started page on the wiki has some basic instructions for that.
TheOdyssey wrote:3. It really needs more documentation.
Indeed. Please contribute documentation! The wiki is editable by anyone with a forum account. So far I have written 99% of all of the documentation for all functions and changes in LÖVE [wiki]0.9.0[/wiki], [wiki]0.9.1[/wiki], [wiki]0.9.2[/wiki], and [wiki]0.10.0[/wiki] – in my own free time – and currently I'm completely burnt out on it and have less free time than I used to.