[Solved - Graphics Driver Bug] Weird Canvas Issue

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
BOT-Brad
Citizen

Re: Weird Canvas Issue

Post by BOT-Brad »

slime wrote:I was testing in Mac OS X before - after booting into Windows it seems my AMD Radeon 6750m has the same graphics driver bug. :(

It happens for me regardless of whether I use 64 bit or 32 bit versions of 0.9.2 or 0.10.0 though.
Ah yeah you are correct, I just realised I was using the edited version with the filled rectangle method by mistake.
Nevermind, I presume the workaround (setColor & fill) is ok? Not noticed any other issues (And I have been dev'ing on this PC with this GPU for about 6 months in LOVE 0.9.0 & 0.9.2)
Follow me on GitHub! | Send me a friend request on PSN!
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Yeah, that'll do as a workaround - although performance might not always be as good. To make sure it has the best possible performance when doing that, set the blend mode so that it won't do any blending: love.graphics.setBlendMode("replace", "premultiplied")

You could also probably do something like this, which I believe should work as well:

Code: Select all

function clear(...)
    love.graphics.points(0,0)
    love.graphics.clear(...)
end
BOT-Brad
Citizen

Post by BOT-Brad »

slime wrote:Yeah, that'll do as a workaround - although performance might not always be as good. To make sure it has the best possible performance when doing that, set the blend mode so that it won't do any blending: love.graphics.setBlendMode("replace", "premultiplied")

You could also probably do something like this, which I believe should work as well:

Code: Select all

function clear(...)
    love.graphics.points(0,0)
    love.graphics.clear(...)
end
Yeah that is essentially the original workaround I found regarding draw anything else to the canvas and it works. Weird one that, but thanks slime. ^^
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

I plan to have a workaround in love itself for 0.10.1, for affected systems.
BOT-Brad
Citizen

Post by BOT-Brad »

slime wrote:I plan to have a workaround in love itself for 0.10.1, for affected systems.
Ooh, very nice. Great work all around, keep it up. :crazy: