Why is my program crashing?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Joelrodiel
Prole

Why is my program crashing?

Post by Joelrodiel »

So recently I was working on a version of Battle Cats, but with my sprites instead of like cats. I've been coding with lua and love2d for about 2 years now, so my code is really sloppy. I think that the reason this program crashes at the end when you defeat the enemy base is because there are too many things going on in the background that the computer can't take it? I've also tried this on android and it just closes the app when it crashes. I've messed around with love2d limitations before and I've never seen something like this before. Any input would be greatly appreciated of why this is happening.

By the way I'm sorry my code isn't commented. I didn't comment it yet because well I don't need help in the code per say, but just to see if there's any code that's eating up memory or something, but if needed, I can release a commented version.
Attachments
Battle_Joels.love
(692.69 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Lucyy
Citizen

Re: Why is my program crashing?

Post by Lucyy »

Can you post the error?
xNick1
Party member

Post by xNick1 »

After finishing the match the game became unresponsive and it crashed my computer ahhahhahahaha
Yeah I guess there's some memory leak.
I'll try to check it out :D
MasterLee
Party member

Post by MasterLee »

There is no crash on my machine but i can't figure out what to do