scaling for points and lines seems inconsistent?! will this change?

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
DarkShroom
Citizen

scaling for points and lines seems inconsistent?! will this change?

Post by DarkShroom »

Hi

I found this subject has cropped up with various people before, I also think this is inconsistent

why do the points not scale (forcing you to add complication to the code, the actual current scaling cannot even be queried allowing a better stopgap solution)?

so is it likely this will also change in a future update?

So scaling is applied to lines, but not to points (i think some of you guys want some pixel perfect feature here?)

can I just ask, do you anticipate this to change at all, for me lines are more important but it begs the question and if someone knew or could link be to the debate that might be nice

Thanks forum, as ever, Richard

(but yeah I'll code a workaround ofc if we don't anticipate a change here)
ReFreezed
Party member

Re: scaling for points and lines seems inconsistent?! will this change?

Post by ReFreezed »

You should just use the rectangle function if you want to draw rectangle shapes that scale. The points function is specifically made to draw actual pixels, not simply rectangles, as sometimes that's what you want. You may notice that points don't rotate either, if you set the point size to higher than 1. You can kind of compare the points function to the scissor functionality - they both operate on actual unscaled/unrotated pixels.
Tools: Hot Particles, LuaPreprocess, InputField, (more) Games: Momento Temporis
"If each mistake being made is a new one, then progress is being made."
DarkShroom
Citizen

Re: scaling for points and lines seems inconsistent?! will this change?

Post by DarkShroom »

hi, thanks for the reply

i understand, i was sorta thinking of points as dots and not getting their may purpose (i will likely use images or circles now)

closed :)