Spine implementation help

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
linksg
Prole

Spine implementation help

Post by linksg »

So I recently got Spine, and I have the Love runtime downloaded. I just don't know what to do now, there is no documentation on what my first steps should be. I just want a basic example of loading a skeleton, and playing an animation. But I can't find something like that anywhere! The included example is over complicated and I am having trouble decoding all of it. Anyone work with Spine before? If so, can you help me out?
Thanks.

P.S. I used to be on these forums a lot, but I couldn't get into my old account so I had to make this one.
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Spine implementation help

Post by pgimeno »

I know nothing about that, but the name ringed some bells so I searched and found this:

viewtopic.php?t=15922

Pretty impressive. By changing love.graphics.triangle to love.graphics.polygon, the demo works in 0.9 and later, including 11.0. It has a couple bugs, but it's still great. Down in the thread it's mentioned that the output format has changed, so don't take it as an example of how to load data :) (but theres a pointer to another example)