Leaving Fullscreen doesn't restore original window size

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
pragmaticus
Prole

Leaving Fullscreen doesn't restore original window size

Post by pragmaticus »

If i'm exiting fullscreen mode the original window size isnt being restored, as stated in the wiki:
If fullscreen mode is entered and the window size doesn't match one of the monitor's display modes (in normal fullscreen mode) or the window size doesn't match the desktop size (in 'desktop' fullscreen mode), the window will be resized appropriately. The window will revert back to its original size again when fullscreen mode is exited using this function.
https://love2d.org/wiki/love.window.setFullscreen

That's my code:

Code: Select all

function love.keypressed(key) 
  if key == "f" then
    local fullscreen = love.window.getFullscreen()
    if fullscreen then
      love.window.setFullscreen(false)
    else
      love.window.setFullscreen(true, "desktop")
    end
  end
end
I'm running LOVE 11.1 (Mysterious Mysteries) on Linux.
Styper
Prole

Re: Leaving Fullscreen doesn't restore original window size

Post by Styper »

This feels like a bug, I'm getting the same results on Linux with Love 11.1. I'm using a Lenovo ThinkPad T430.

Using love.window.setMode instead of setFullscreen I get mixed results, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
pragmaticus
Prole

Post by pragmaticus »

Ok, how should we proceed? Should i submit a bugreport? What's the right place to do so?
zorg
Party member

Post by zorg »

pragmaticus wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:28 pm Ok, how should we proceed? Should i submit a bugreport? What's the right place to do so?
This does sound like what should go on the issue tracker; its on bitbucket; there's a neat pink button on the top of this forum saying "ISSUE TRACKER", you want to click that. :3
Me and my stuff :3True Neutral Aspirant. Why, yes, i do indeed enjoy sarcastically correcting others when they make the most blatant of spelling mistakes. No bullying or trolling the innocent tho.