Linux: Modifying the LÖVE AppImage from the front page to distribute game

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Rickton
Party member

Linux: Modifying the LÖVE AppImage from the front page to distribute game

Post by Rickton »

I've had some trouble building my own AppImage and getting it to work. I downloaded the LÖVE AppImage from the main site and extracted it, changed the .desktop file and icon, put my .love file in it, and changed the wrapper-love script to call love with the packaged .love file as the argument. I then re-packed it into an AppImage, and tested it on a couple different distros and it seemed to work fine.

Would there be any unforeseen issues from distributing my game this way? It seems like if anything it'd be better than packaging on my own, because this way I can be sure that I didn't miss any libraries, and that it'll run fine on any Linux system that would support the LÖVE AppImage to begin with.
Possession - Escape from the Nether Regions, my roguelike made in LÖVE for the 2013 7-Day Roguelike Challenge
And its sequel, simply called Possession , which is available on itch.io or Steam, and whose engine I've open-sourced!