Delay in execution of 'tween'

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Jack Dandy
Prole

Delay in execution of 'tween'

Post by Jack Dandy »

Hey, I'm having some delay problems, and I've been wondering where I could start optimizing stuff.
Let's say I have 256 tweening functions (Using the hump library) set to go at once. I'm not noticing any slowdown, but there is a noticeable delay before the tweenings actually start.
Would you say they'll always have a problem executing concurrently, or as long I keep stuff optimized in the background, they'll run better?

Or is there another trick to get tweens to execute faster?
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Delay in execution of 'tween'

Post by pgimeno »

My bet is that the problem is in your code, not in the library. I don't see a reason for the tweens not to start when they are asked to. 256 tweens sounds like something very manageable. My own library, with an API based on hump's, can do that without problems, and then there's flux by rxi, made popular thanks to the impressive demo: viewtopic.php?t=77904

I haven't used hump's tweening, but I seriously doubt it has trouble handling these many tweens.
Jack Dandy
Prole

Re: Delay in execution of 'tween'

Post by Jack Dandy »

Yeah, hmm.. Guess some optimization's in order then. Gotta clean up these .update and .draw functions from the generic loops.
Thanks man.