Creatin an adventure/rpg game.

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Syl
Prole

Re: Creatin an adventure/rpg game.

Post by Syl »

I'm not sure how you're doing it right now, but learning Tiled is fast. Probably faster than making maps on your own
Drawin is fun! :) The drawins are necessaries to my game atmosphere, and I cannot find tilesets correspondin. But you seem to imply that i may use my map with Tiled? Wouldn't the reactin objects bein limited to lil squares, and not various shapes?
Stifu
Party member

Post by Stifu »

Syl wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:59 am
I'm not sure how you're doing it right now, but learning Tiled is fast. Probably faster than making maps on your own
Drawin is fun! :) The drawins are necessaries to my game atmosphere, and I cannot find tilesets correspondin. But you seem to imply that i may use my map with Tiled? Wouldn't the reactin objects bein limited to lil squares, and not various shapes?
You'd still be drawing even if you use Tiled, you know. Create your image in any graphics editor like Paint or Photoshop, then import it in Tiled. And I told you you don't have to use tilesets if you don't want to. You can use various shapes, ellipses, polygons and stuff, so I don't think you'd be limited. Just try it and have a look at the lua it generates, so you'll know how to read it from your game.
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com
Syl
Prole

Post by Syl »

I'm drawin my map with pencils and paper, and then i wanna scan it. But that sounds intrestin yes, if i can use it with Tiled, and then movements of a sprite and collisions areas are easy to implement?
Stifu
Party member

Post by Stifu »

Stuff like sprite movements or collisions would be handled just the same as if you didn't use Tiled. It's just that Tiled helps you with the map definitions. It just spits out Lua, so then you're just dealing with regular Lua code.
Zabuyaki, our upcoming beat 'em up: https://www.zabuyaki.com
Syl
Prole

Post by Syl »

I see, thxs a lot for your answers! :)