Fullscreen causes pixelation

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
NetherGranite
Prole

Fullscreen causes pixelation

Post by NetherGranite »

Both desktop and exclusive mode cause harsh pixelation of everything including text. What should I do? If I take a screenshot, the pixelation isn't present in the screenshot.
tentus
Inner party member

Re: Fullscreen causes pixelation

Post by tentus »

To scope the topic in a little: are you using any canvasses or anything like that? What operating system are you on? Can you post any example code?
Kurosuke needs beta testers
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Maybe you're using "normal" (i.e. exclusive) mode for fullscreen and it's picking a low resolution? Try setting fullscreen mode to "desktop".
NetherGranite
Prole

Post by NetherGranite »

tentus wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:44 pm To scope the topic in a little: are you using any canvasses or anything like that? What operating system are you on? Can you post any example code?
I'm not using canvases. I'm on Windows Update 1803. To begin fullscreen mode, I use the code love.window.setFullscreen(true, "desktop") or love.window.setFullscreen(true, "exclusive"). Is that what you meant by example code?
NetherGranite
Prole

Post by NetherGranite »

pgimeno wrote: Mon Jan 21, 2019 5:18 pm Maybe you're using "normal" (i.e. exclusive) mode for fullscreen and it's picking a low resolution? Try setting fullscreen mode to "desktop".
It happens both when I use desktop and exclusive mode.