An odd question: console on 2nd monitor

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
togFox
Party member

An odd question: console on 2nd monitor

Post by togFox »

An odd one - but my workflow is
a) launch project
b) check console for debug statements (print)

The console ALWAYS launches behind my main window and I always have to go and hunt for it and bring it to the top. Sounds trivial, but when you repeat this countless times per hour it makes you wonder if I can just open the console on my 2nd screen automatically.

Can I?

Edit: I use notepad++
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season
GVovkiv
Party member

Re: An odd question: console on 2nd monitor

Post by GVovkiv »

togFox wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 2:25 am An odd one - but my workflow is
a) launch project
b) check console for debug statements (print)

The console ALWAYS launches behind my main window and I always have to go and hunt for it and bring it to the top. Sounds trivial, but when you repeat this countless times per hour it makes you wonder if I can just open the console on my 2nd screen automatically.

Can I?

Edit: I use notepad++
Are you tried RMB on love's console title bar and configure "Defaults"?
There "Layout" tab, maybe it help you

Also, maybe you want to try various libs which helps to make in-game console or make are custom one?
It may be more convenient then Window's cmd window...
togFox
Party member

Post by togFox »

That work. :) The layout is relative to the first monitor - which at first wasn't helpful, then I realised to default to my left hand display then I can set the default position to -1000 (a negative number) and it would display it off the side and away from my main monitor. :)
Current project:
https://togfox.itch.io/backyard-gridiron-manager
American football manager/sim game - build and manage a roster and win season after season
GVovkiv
Party member

Post by GVovkiv »

togFox wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:02 am That work. :) The layout is relative to the first monitor - which at first wasn't helpful, then I realised to default to my left hand display then I can set the default position to -1000 (a negative number) and it would display it off the side and away from my main monitor. :)
Nice