Where can you find the downloads for older löve2d versions? [SOLVED]

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
Rastashmup
Prole

Where can you find the downloads for older löve2d versions? [SOLVED]

Post by Rastashmup »

Hi,

I would like to continue using Löve 9.0 instead of the newer versions (that is, if there is no serious reason I don't know about that speaks against using that version anymore). Now I noticed that I accidentally deleted the love.exe from my directory and I don't know where I have a backup. Where can I re-download this older version?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Rastashmup on Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rastashmup
Prole

Re: Where can you find the downloads for older löve2d versions?

Post by Rastashmup »

Thanks.

Now, this is really weird: It seems like my new antivirus software Norton 360 deletes the love.exe from my system because it says it finds a Trojan.Gen.2 - that's likely how the love.exe got deleted in the first place, and it also detects the virus in the love.exe of the love-0.9.0-win32.zip that I just downloaded.
Even more strange, you would think that the game I made with löve 9.0 that I just released in the Games and Creations section of this forum would have to be affected as well, but I scanned the .exe of my game and there was no virus found.
Then I thought it might be interesting to check how the virus scanner reacts to other versions of the love.exe and I checked the file from love-0.10.2-win32. Again, no Virus found. Just löve 9.0 ...
MrFariator
Party member

Post by MrFariator »

You'll just have to find a way to whitelist the love.exe for the version you want to use. There have been viruses with the name "love.exe" out in the wild, so your antivirus is just getting some false positives from scanning the name against its database. Maybe the specific version you're downloading also happens to have some specific metadata (build date or otherwise) associated with it, that roughly matches what the virus database is looking for.
Rastashmup
Prole

Post by Rastashmup »

That would explain why it doesn't find a virus when scanning my game, where the game makes use of the love.exe but is named differently. But wow, I'm surprised that this is quite a primitive approach to scan for a virus - just the name matching and maybe some small details...