extra white lines in top left corser

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
ClaudeM
Prole

extra white lines in top left corser

Post by ClaudeM »

Hi,

I am building a top-down game. I used Tiled to create the map with collision polygons, exported to Lua, loaded & displayed it with STI, and built a player & displayed it. I am using LÖVE2D physics; I told STI about this. I recently made the map's object layer collidable and started displaying the rocks and player with the STI callbacks.

There is now a bunch of white lines in the top left corner of the map; they are in the first tile. I attached a screen capture image.

I am baffled. Has anyone seen this behaviour before? Any clues to guide me in my investigation?

Thank you.
Attachments
extra-while-lines-20211016.png
extra-while-lines-20211016.png (17.94 KiB) Viewed 4325 times
ClaudeM
Prole

Re: extra white lines in top left corser

Post by ClaudeM »

Adding .love file.

I hesitated because most of the source code is not in Lua. Beware!
Attachments
bulldozer.love
(3.15 MiB) Downloaded 143 times
pgimeno
Party member

Post by pgimeno »

Is there an objects layer in Tiled? Maybe STI is rendering one of those.
ClaudeM
Prole

Post by ClaudeM »

Yes there is an object layer: the rocks are on that layer and you can see one in the screen capture image. The rocks are drawn where I expect them.

The sketchy library showed me that all the rock collision "boxes" are in the middle of the screen. The bulldozer's collision box is offset and moves with the bulldozer (same scale); it show only the pointer triangle. Collisions are otherwise working (well, only for the object layer and the dynamically created player layer).

I will go read the Drawing Physics Collisions tutorial. I only recently found it.
https://love2d.org/wiki/Tutorial:PhysicsDrawing

After that, I need to find a tutorial on collisions for the tile layer.