Running Love2d on Chromebook

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
artificialallium
Prole

Running Love2d on Chromebook

Post by artificialallium »

I recently acquired a chromebook and after some searching around found that LÖVE2D is a really good engine to use. I can install it from the google play store fine but... how.. are you meant.. to run the main.lua file you just coded? You cannot drag the file onto the love app and the file system on a chromebook is extremely limited. Please help! This framework looks extremely cool :awesome: and i would love to be able to learn it.
MrFariator
Party member

Re: Running Love2d on Chromebook

Post by MrFariator »

You could run your love project from the chromebook terminal (write "terminal" in search box, and press enter). From there, you have following options:

Code: Select all

-- love is recognized system-wide; navigate to the folder containing main.lua, and run:
love .
-- or navigate to the folder that contains the love application, and pass it the path to your folder with main.lua:
love /path/to/my/project/
As to how to use or navigate with the terminal app, there are plenty of resources for that online. Chromebook's OS is based on Gentoo, so most linux based guides probably apply.
artificialallium
Prole

Post by artificialallium »

I'm finding it difficult to install love2d on the linux vm as it is an ARM system and the appimage is x86.
There is an android app but i don't know how to run my code in it as you cannot drag the main.lua file/folder to the app.
By terminal do you mean the linux terminal or the one you get by pressing ctrl+shift+t
dusoft
Party member

Post by dusoft »

Maybe use https://github.com/Davidobot/love.js instead to run stuff?
I mean, it's a kind of workaround, but it should work :-)
VXDev
Prole

Post by VXDev »

this is an easy thing to do because I'm another Chromebook user and all you have to do is first go on files and click on the 3 dots and enable "Show all google play folders" and go to the google play folder you have and go to "(android/data/org.love2d.android/files/games)" and in there make a new folder called "lovegame" and that where your game files goes!