Mobile support

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
fridays18
Citizen

Mobile support

Post by fridays18 »

I was just curious how I would get a users touch on the screen because at the moment my game in wasd space but I think adding mobile support would be cool and all I would really need(I think) is a way to get mobile users touch. Additionally if anyone knows how to get mouse input well id appreciate it cause Ive only been using the keyboard for most of my games so far due to that gap of knowledge :)
pgimeno
Party member

Re: Mobile support

Post by pgimeno »

There are events for each in the wiki. Take a look at the list of events.

love#Callbacks

Look also at the functions in the love.mouse and the love.touch modules.

In general, you should study the love page to know what's available.
fridays18
Citizen

Post by fridays18 »

pgimeno wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:59 pm There are events for each in the wiki. Take a look at the list of events.

love#Callbacks

Look also at the functions in the love.mouse and the love.touch modules.

In general, you should study the love page to know what's available.
Appreciate the help! I already checked love.mouse and the method I made for it which was basically when clicked turn a var to true than after a set amount of time set to false which is pretty buggy, but I had no clue about love.touch and I appreciate you showing me there was a wiki for that!
milon
Party member

Post by milon »

fridays18 wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:26 pm ... basically when clicked turn a var to true than after a set amount of time set to false which is pretty buggy...
We can help with that too. Make a separate thread for it if you haven't already.
Any code samples/ideas by me should be considered Public Domain (no attribution needed) license unless otherwise stated.