Visual Studio 2017 IDE

Questions about the LÖVE API, installing LÖVE and other support related questions go here.
Forum rules
Before you make a thread asking for help, read this.
LunarVB
Prole

Visual Studio 2017 IDE

Post by LunarVB »

Is there any chance to use Love2D in VS 2017? i really love the IDE and want to make games with it
Bigfoot71
Party member

Re: Visual Studio 2017 IDE

Post by Bigfoot71 »

LunarVB wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:23 pm Is there any chance to use Love2D in VS 2017? i really love the IDE and want to make games with it
Why do you want to bother with such a heavy IDE to code only in Lua? Visual Studio Code (or Codium) is more than enough and will be much more pleasant to use than a gas machine like Visual Studio because it is not really made for that, there is a utility for "heavy" low-level tasks, if it's only for writing scripts it's a bit overkill.

Afterwards, if you like the assistance that IDEs like Visual Studio can provide, there is ZeroBrane Studio which is really Lua oriented and which may please you.

But otherwise while searching about your question I found the BabeLua extension for Visual Studio however I have no idea what it's worth but you can always try... Regarding BabeLua there are these forum topics that may be able to help you configure it for Löve2d even if I wonder about the practicality of all this.

viewtopic.php?t=82555
viewtopic.php?t=79884
My avatar code for the curious :D V1, V2, V3.