It helps creating menu screens, pause menus, HUDs, and such.
Most of its widget rendering code and theming is taken from the wonderful SUIT library by Matthias Richter (which is beautiful BTW).
I have decided to create yui instead of using one of the many great libraries available
because no other library matched my needs just right.
Source code: https://git.doublefourteen.io/lua/yui
Pictures: https://git.doublefourteen.io/lua/yui-e ... aster/pics
- Declarative approach to describe the UI (as opposed to SUIT's immediate mode): layout is defined once, events are handled in callbacks.
- Has built in support for localization thanks to another library I've been working on: moonspeak.
- Supports custom input device management (keyboard, mouse, touch, gamepads).
- Easily extensible collection of widgets.
- Grid layouts.
- Widget navigation using keyboard/joystick buttons.
Documentation is in progress, and code is alpha quality at the moment.
Though it is workable.