RPGMaker2k emulator

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
napco
Party member

RPGMaker2k emulator

Post by napco »

Hi! I'm trying to emulate RPGMaker2000 games using Lua for the prototype... So, what's better than LOVE? Currently i wrote a .lmu reading algorithm and now i can view rpgmaker 2000 map files! Next step: the database! Unfortunately, when the prototype will be finished, i'll write the whole app in C++ and port it to the PSP/Nintendo DS. (an maybe write also a little editor, to edit my games on the handheld)!
beatthelastboss
Citizen

Re: RPGMaker2k emulator

Post by beatthelastboss »

Sounds cool! I will do a little research on what RPGMaker even is :P
IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LUA CODES IN YOU!!
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

Ihih... It's an easy-to-use tool used to make role playing games without any programming language knowledge. Unfortunately it's closed source and only for windows.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

I prefer to make my own RPG style engine from the ground up. That's just how I roll, baby.
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

Well, me too, but the idea of playing my old games on the PSP was too inviting!
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

Do not consider https://sourceforge.net/projects/easyrpg/!

I know you won't listen to what I say (because you did not obey in the first place) so I am using anti-psychology magic on you!
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

Eheh, i already know that project, but i don't like the way they've set up their code, and since i'm noob i can't compile other people's code. The leader of that project (fdelapena) already helped me to find a good site to start with... A japanese site full of interesting infos on how Lcf files are written and how to read them. By the way, the emulator development is going on pretty well: it can now read and display any map, without the event layer (technically i could now write a game and use RPGMaker as a map editor ^^).
qubodup
Inner party member

Post by qubodup »

napco wrote:Eheh, i already know that project, but i don't like the way they've set up their code, and since i'm noob i can't compile other people's code. The leader of that project (fdelapena) already helped me to find a good site to start with... A japanese site full of interesting infos on how Lcf files are written and how to read them. By the way, the emulator development is going on pretty well: it can now read and display any map, without the event layer (technically i could now write a game and use RPGMaker as a map editor ^^).
Glad to hear you're making progress!
lg.newImage("cat.png") -- made possible by lg = love.graphics
-- Don't force fullscreen (it frustrates those who want to try your game real quick) -- Develop for 1280x720 (so people can make HD videos)
napco
Party member

Post by napco »

Well, ehr ehm... I've just moved to C++ and SDL to make the project work also on the PSP and the NDS... And the Wii... And on Windows Mobile... And on Symbian...
Sslaxx
Citizen

Post by Sslaxx »

napco wrote:Well, ehr ehm... I've just moved to C++ and SDL to make the project work also on the PSP and the NDS... And the Wii... And on Windows Mobile... And on Symbian...
Anywhere we can find out more about the project?