[RLC]LÖVEModules

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
rhezalouis
Party member

[RLC]LÖVEModules

Post by rhezalouis »

--===[RLC]Red - Colour Management Tool===--

Hi!
I don't know if this tool is useful. I learned lots of stuff when I code it, though :ultrahappy:. Any comments and suggestion about the tool, about my code [yes, I really need lots of feedback on this :smile:], about the coding conventions are welcomed. :megagrin: Here you are:
[RLC]Red0.0.love
LÖVE 0.6.0
(1.82 KiB) Downloaded 199 times
Red/colorLib Documentation wrote: --==INTRODUCTION==--
The idea was popped out because of the confusion of defining the RGBs values for the LÖVE colour system. It’s very simple, actually; but I found that quite exhausting. Then, I tried to declare some colour keys as aliases to the numbers. Then, I thought that it’d be nice if there’s a tool to generate a definite set of colour keys and a set of functions to use those keys so that the game system could easily be coloured in a certain theme and I do not have to think about the numbers and put them one by one each time I need a certain colour.

The goal of this tool is to facilitate the need to manage the colour scheme in a system. Using Red, users could create a personal theme (table of colour keys) to be used in their game system, export it to a file, and use it in their game system using the colorLib module; thus, preserving a good consistency of colour in every part of their system.

The colorLib module is simply a set of functions to be require-d in any LÖVE system to use the colour keys defined by Red. Using this module, I could make colourful applications using the lightweight 8-bit greyscale assets.
This version is just a mockup version with no output generated. I have finished Red0.1, separated the colorLib0.1 and made a documentation for this simple tool. :smile: I would upload it as soon I eliminate some bugs I found. :ultrahappy:
Aargh, I am wasting my posts! My citizenshiiiip... :o