Goo: Gui and Animation library.

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
kalle2990
Party member

Re: Goo: Gui and Animation library.

Post by kalle2990 »

I'm making a GUI my own actually, it has its overall design from XAML (even though you write it in lua). This makes it possible (necessary) to use brushes instead of images, the brushes are either single colors or gradients. It's not near done so you'll have to wait for it. You should include something like that here though ^^
Chief
Party member

Post by Chief »

This is awesome, love it!
appleide
Party member

Post by appleide »

This is awesometastic. :)
TylertheDesigner
Citizen

Post by TylertheDesigner »

I is in your compooter, stealinz your Goo.

Thanks for making such an awesome library, I'm sure we can all put it to good use :D
Lap
Party member

Post by Lap »

There seems to be issues with parenting.

Parenting a panel to null or another panel causes hovering over the close button to turn the entire background of love to red.

Parenting a panel (with the close button disabled) to null or another panel causes it to paint the background of love black.

Seems to be an issue with love.graphics.setColor not being reset after drawing children or something.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

This library is OFF THE HOOK!

What is the license? I plan on submitting my program to Savannah.Gnu.Org and it needs me to specify the licenses of the libraries.
Lap
Party member

Post by Lap »

Luiji wrote:This library is OFF THE HOOK!

What is the license? I plan on submitting my program to Savannah.Gnu.Org and it needs me to specify the licenses of the libraries.
As far as I know perky did not specify any licenses on github, in his documentation, or in the comment of any code so you should probably email him directly.

I'd also like to point out that I've probably spent more time with goo than anyone else besides perky and I've been able to find a lot of bugs (which I'll have to try and remember what I fixed so I can report them). Goo also contains a few things that are entirely incomplete and will not function (progress bars being one of them). I will be releasing my own modification to goo that adds scrollbars, autosized images, dropdown menus, textboxes, sortable resizeable tables, UILists, resizeable windows, and the ability to scissor panels or specify them as "naked" (without their edge graphics).

Unfortunately, a bit of the base code is changed. I started off just slowly adding things I needed, overwriting where necessary to fix bugs or add extra features. The downside of which is that it might not be possible to just add the new elements I made without my modified core files.
ljdp
Party member

Post by ljdp »

Hey, been a while since i've been on the LOVE forums.
As for the licence, there isn't much of one, you're free to use it in commercial works, modify and distribute, a credit to me (Luke Perkin) somewhere would be nice.
I've been very busy lately so i've not had time to work on it, but i'll add a proper licence later.

Lap, feel free to modify the core files if it increases functionality, send me the changes and i'll update it on github, or if you've used github before you can send a pull-request.
Robin
The Omniscient

Post by Robin »

Is this the license you're settling for? I'd like to know, since I want to include part of it in another library.
Help us help you: attach a .love.
Luiji
Party member

Post by Luiji »

If you want to use a proper license that let's people do whatever they want with your source as long as they attribute, I recommend the original BSD license. The original had an attribution clause.
Good bye.