Debug - A whole new way of debugging your game

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Re: Debug - A whole new way of debugging your game

Post by Trappingnoobs »

Thanks, SO usefull. I no longer need to type

error("VarName = ".. VarName)

To find out the value of something. So much easier, and I'll definitly be using in most of my future projects.
schael
Prole

Post by schael »

This is very good : It's simple to install, easy to use and very useful. The perfect tool for the newbie I am. Thank you.
I'm learning...
Trappingnoobs
Citizen

Post by Trappingnoobs »

Kalle, is it ok for me to ship it with things I release? Even non-games, such as utilities?

I'll obviously give credit, but if you'd preffer me not to that's fine.
chrism
Prole

Post by chrism »

So no one else has had this problem? Why doesn't debug pass events along to the normal handlers when the debug console is hidden?
chrism wrote:When I include this in my project, I get the debug console but I seem to lose all the behavior in my love.keypressed() function. What's the proper way to integrate this into a project that already has keypressed/mouse behaviors?
slime
Solid Snayke

Post by slime »

Yeah I get the same problem.
humpaly
Prole

Post by humpaly »

How do you launch the sims2 in debug mode? i KNOW there is a way to do it by doing somethings with global props or something but i want to make sure i know all the steps.
Last edited by bartbes on Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Spam saved for awesomesauce
TechnoCat
Inner party member

Post by TechnoCat »

humpaly wrote:How do you launch the sims2 in debug mode? i KNOW there is a way to do it by doing somethings with global props or something but i want to make sure i know all the steps.
rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;
rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;
rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;rosebud;
Lap
Party member

Post by Lap »

To go through the effort of registering and posting on a forum without even looking to see what the forum is about...I don't even...
qrux
Prole

Post by qrux »

Does anyone know if there's a way to use Debug with LICK? (see https://github.com/headchant/LICK)
When i try, only one seem to work depending on which i load first.
Last edited by qrux on Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

Lap wrote:To go through the effort of registering and posting on a forum without even looking to see what the forum is about...I don't even...
Well, it is a spam account. If you couldn't tell by the signature. It just came before we implemented the approval process. Else we would have/should have deleted it. But since it got an awesome reply, it's too late to delete.