Debug - A whole new way of debugging your game

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
Lap
Party member

Re: Debug - A whole new way of debugging your game

Post by Lap »

Signature added days later, so no, we couldn't initially tell. It's never too late to delete spam posts and accounts.
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

Had I known I would've removed the signature earlier, anyway, he's banned, the links are gone, time to get back on topic.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Took a while to discover how to call it in OSX. CTRL+F8 calls iTunes. I really hate Mac keyboards. Shift+Fn+F8 is the correct combination for us :D
Nice work!
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

coffee wrote:Took a while to discover how to call it in OSX. CTRL+F8 calls iTunes. I really hate Mac keyboards. Shift+Fn+F8 is the correct combination for us :D
Nice work!
You can reverse it you know. So you don't need the Fn for F-keys, but instead use Fn for the Mac OS controls. It's in System Preferences under Keyboard and it's the first checkbox.
coffee
Party member

Post by coffee »

Jasoco wrote:
coffee wrote:Took a while to discover how to call it in OSX. CTRL+F8 calls iTunes. I really hate Mac keyboards. Shift+Fn+F8 is the correct combination for us :D
Nice work!
You can reverse it you know. So you don't need the Fn for F-keys, but instead use Fn for the Mac OS controls. It's in System Preferences under Keyboard and it's the first checkbox.
Thank you for the advice Jasoco probably I will do a test (starting now!) for some time and discover if it's more pratical. However since old Functions keys are almost abolished in Mac programs and universe probably will not be worth much than for the cross-plataform apps like LOVE.

But anyway my problem in discovering the right combination wasn't much for the FN (I got used to that, the portable pc's also use FN's ) but the detail of "replace" the Win CRTL for the Mac Shift. Since I thought that the CTRL should be for sure the same key in both systems I keep insisting for a while in CRTL combinations. My mistake (or not). :D

Mac is a bit ambiguous about simplicity and key commands. They try to keep it simple but there are too much OSX key hidden combinations only and dependence of self/legacy keys make it worst in that matter than the Win/Linux systems.
TheAncientGoat
Prole

Post by TheAncientGoat »

Hi, I've been playing around with Debug and AWOL, working on making a bit of a more IDEish setup. I had to mess around with the main loop a bit, moving the draw code into the events loop. I also stopped Debug from grabbing the mouse while it is active. I now want to load entire Love games, and put them into AWOL windows, edit them and have them re-loaded using Debug.
LIED.love
Love Integrated Environment for Development
(29.76 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
Jasoco
Inner party member

Post by Jasoco »

coffee wrote:
Jasoco wrote:
Nice work!
Thank you for the advice Jasoco probably I will do a test (starting now!) for some time and discover if it's more pratical. However since old Functions keys are almost abolished in Mac programs and universe probably will not be worth much than for the cross-plataform apps like LOVE.
I'll tell you something. OS X doesn't really use Function keys for any commands. No F1 for Help, etc. But it keeps the F-keys on the keyboard just to house the system controls like volume and brightness and exposé and everything, but lets them also function as functions for apps that do use them. Like Office. The problem is I don't use Office, and I use my F-keys for launching apps and stuff. But I also play Minecraft which inexplicably makes me use Function keys for certain things and doesn't give me an option to change them around, so I end up having to conform and keep certain keys like F11 (Fullscreen) and F3 (Debug info) open so I can still use them in MC. I hate that. I wish I could use standard controls like Command+F for fullscreen in MC and other letters or key combos for the other functions. And there's no way to change them because they're hard-coded in.

So the bottom line is, do NOT force the Function keys to be the only controls or have functions that can only be accessed through them. Always provide an option. Code yourself a key customization screen if you have to. (It's not as hard as you think if you use the right libraries and coding) Just speaking from experience. Personalization is key. More options, when done right, can be better.
LiquidDandruff
Prole

Post by LiquidDandruff »

It works great! Thanks for this!
gfreak
Prole

Post by gfreak »

seems not to work with 0.8.0?
my game just freezes
bartbes
Sex machine

Post by bartbes »

It probably uses love.timer.sleep somewhere, in which case you should divide that value by 1000.