lQuery

Showcase your libraries, tools and other projects that help your fellow love users.
User avatar
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: lQuery

Post by nevon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:35 pm

BlackBulletIV wrote:Lol :). Just know that if you go with Bazaar you won't have GitHub or BitBucket.
He'll have Launchpad instead. Which is actually kind of fucked, but I suppose it's better than nothing.

User avatar
RPG
Party member
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:02 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: lQuery

Post by RPG » Sat Apr 02, 2011 7:46 pm

Launchpad/Bazaar is closed - it doesn't works for me.

User avatar
genericdave
Citizen
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:08 am

Re: lQuery

Post by genericdave » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:24 pm

nevon wrote:He'll have Launchpad instead. Which is actually kind of fucked, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
I've enjoyed using Bazaar so far, but I don't have any experience with Launchpad. In what ways is it fucked?
RPG wrote:Launchpad/Bazaar is closed - it doesn't works for me.
No prob. You've got a few options to choose from. There's also Mercurial and git. Give them all a shot and see what you like. Using a versioning system is absolutely critical to maintaining sanity once a project gets largish. Doesn't matter so much which one you choose as long as you use it.

User avatar
nevon
Commander of the Circuloids
Posts: 938
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 8:25 pm
Location: Stockholm, Sweden
Contact:

Re: lQuery

Post by nevon » Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:59 pm

genericdave wrote:
nevon wrote:He'll have Launchpad instead. Which is actually kind of fucked, but I suppose it's better than nothing.
I've enjoyed using Bazaar so far, but I don't have any experience with Launchpad. In what ways is it fucked
I've used it for a couple of projects. My biggest gripe with it is that you can't remove repositories. Once you've created them, they're there until the heat death of the universe. The reasoning behind it being that even if you no longer wish to store your code there, the open source community might want to use it. Besides that, it's really just lacking some of the amenities that github, gitorious or bitbucket provide.

User avatar
genericdave
Citizen
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:08 am

Re: lQuery

Post by genericdave » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:18 pm

Alright, after a bit more research and playing around, I've decided that Mercurial rocks some major socks. Bitbucket seems quite nice as well. Now I can pretend to be a big grown-up programmer! :awesome:

User avatar
TechnoCat
Inner party member
Posts: 1611
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:31 am
Location: Denver, CO
Contact:

Re: lQuery

Post by TechnoCat » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:33 pm

genericdave wrote:Alright, after a bit more research and playing around, I've decided that Mercurial rocks some major socks. Bitbucket seems quite nice as well. Now I can pretend to be a big grown-up programmer! :awesome:
Mercurial and BitBucket are my favorite. Also, free unlimited private repos for students: http://blog.bitbucket.org/2011/04/01/fr ... -students/

User avatar
RPG
Party member
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:02 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: lQuery

Post by RPG » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:22 pm

I can create my own repo on my server, I don't need hosting. I tried to create svn server, but...

User avatar
genericdave
Citizen
Posts: 53
Joined: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:08 am

Re: lQuery

Post by genericdave » Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:54 am

TechnoCat wrote:Mercurial and BitBucket are my favorite. Also, free unlimited private repos for students: http://blog.bitbucket.org/2011/04/01/fr ... -students/
Holy shit! Free unlimited hosting! I'm never going back!
RPG wrote:I can create my own repo on my server, I don't need hosting. I tried to create svn server, but...
You plan on putting the source up for us to look at and play with, right? If that's the case, setting up your own repository server would probably be way more trouble than it's worth, especially for someone who's just getting started with versioning systems. Try Mercurial + Bitbucket. It's simple as hell.

User avatar
RPG
Party member
Posts: 157
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:02 am
Location: Russia
Contact:

Re: lQuery

Post by RPG » Sun Apr 03, 2011 6:43 am

Okay, github works fine.

https://github.com/scriptum/Monopoly

User avatar
BlackBulletIV
Inner party member
Posts: 1261
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:19 pm
Location: Queensland, Australia
Contact:

Re: lQuery

Post by BlackBulletIV » Sun Apr 03, 2011 10:18 pm

Well done!

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 21 guests